Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hardiness of Charles Grimaldi

Posted by Ilovetropicals 8B-9A (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 0:13

In Portland Oregon the Zone map goes back and forth between zone 8b and 9a. I put Charles in the ground this spring and was wondering how hardy they actually are. I've heard many conflicting stories of hardiness, so I'm confused on just how hardy they are. I never have been able to get them to overwinter in my garage because I forget about them. I can successfully grow oleanders and grivelleas if that helps. I'm on a south facing slope which keeps me at least 5 degrees warmer than the rest of Portland.
Thanks
Nathan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hardiness of Charles Grimaldi

Nathan, I am in North Texas, and I have about thirty brugs inground. Not Charles Grimaldi, but his parent Dr. Seuss. All have done well for me, but Dr. Seuss is exceptional. I cut them back to the ground in mid November, and mulch. They come back for me the next Spring and bloom usually beginning this month. I would see no reason why you could not successfully grow brugs inground in your climate. Hope this helps.

o
RE: hardiness of Charles Grimaldi

thanks, I will give that a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here