Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

More pics 1 brug, lol

fool4flowers
13 years ago

More of the unusual plumeria that is dark pink nearly red with a deep yellow orange center will be open in the next day or two. Its my favorite from John's sisters house in Hawaii. It looks like a star in the center of the flower. I love all blooming flowers. Gonna have to evacuate the greenhouse soon, lol. They like the shade it there though.

{{gwi:497675}}

{{gwi:497676}}

{{gwi:497677}}

{{gwi:497678}}

{{gwi:497679}}

{{gwi:497680}}

{{gwi:497681}}

{{gwi:497682}}

{{gwi:497683}}

{{gwi:497684}}

{{gwi:497685}}

{{gwi:497686}}

{{gwi:497687}}

{{gwi:497688}}

{{gwi:497689}}

Comments (8)

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The 4th one smells sooo good, like gardenias. I just sniffed it, lol. The brug is Pink Perfektion but the inner skirt didn't drop and it never colored up right. Had pretty twangers though, lol.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I love the plumies. I had so many with tip damage that I'll be lucky to get an inflo this season.

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Beautiful plants and flowers!

I wish I could grow Plumeria, but I just cannot stand the thought of trying to overwinter even one more plant! Thank you for sharing them, they are truly lovely!

What is the plant with the gnome in the photo. That is really pretty folliage

Frances

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    13 years ago

Awesome plumerias! Love 'em. The reddish one could be 'Jeannie Moragne' -- maybe -- or at least similar. I have it but it has not bloomed yet, I've just seen photos.

My large 'Keauhou Red' has six inflos! 'Penang Peach' is blooming now. Can't get enough. Wish they weren't such monsters to 'store' overwinter.

• collielover
    13 years ago

The head pot with grass for hair is cute and fun.

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karyn hopefully you will still get some flowers. This is early in the year for me to have so many. One thing at least likes this beastly heat, lol. Plumies are the easiest to overwinter for me. Just stick them in the garage and forget them til spring. The one with the gnome is a new variegated form of hibiscus. I haven't seen it flower yet but its supposed to red. Loved the foliage too. John got me the head planter for Christmas. I am trying to decide if it needs a mohawk, lol. All of our plumeria came from different friends and family in Hawaii and they don't have names. I'll look up that one and see if it looks like it. The pics don't really do the color justice. Its shaped different than all my others as well. I have 3 more open but need to move some stuff to get a better pic of the flowers. Couldn't reach it with the camera very well, lol. It really smells good. Morgan was rubbing the petals on her face and purring like a cat, lol.

• marquest
    13 years ago

Your pot head is gorgeous. I wish I could get my plumeria to bloom. It is going on year 5 and I have yet to see these sticks bloom yet. I even had one put out three branches last summer and I only see leaves.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Don't give up on your plumeria. I've had some that I've waited years for blooms. It's difficult with our short growing season and I often get tip damage over the winter so that nixes any chance for an inflo on the damaged branch for at least a season. Make sure you feed it. Dave has some beautiful plumies and he's in my zone.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting