Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
guitar4him

New Member Needs Help

Guitar4Him
10 years ago

About a year ago my wife first noticed an Angel Trumpet in someone's yard. She went to great lengths to try to describe the plant to me but I had never seen one. Then, one day, we were up in the mountains of VA on the Harley and she spotted some for sale at a garden center. We went back and enquired about the plants and finally were able to discover what they were called. Unfortunately, since we were on the motorcycle, it was impossible to buy one and get it home (they were in one-gallon pots and were about 4' tall). It was already mid-summer when this occurred so we pretty much gave up on getting any. This got us much more observant and we began to see a Brug occasionally. Most importantly, I discovered a huge yellow Brug in a yard on my way to work and got to watch it bloom for the rest of the summer. I've attached a photo of that one.

We decided that we would get some for this year. I started calling garden shops in the area and discovered that most didn't even know what they were. Then, I started looking online. I located some at a nursery in Ohio and placed an order for 1 yellow and 3 pink ones back in mid-May. The nursery confirmed that they had them in stock at the time of the order. We got really excited. The plan was to plant a yellow and pink one in our yard and give a pink one to my Father for Father's day and give one to my mother-in-law for her birthday. Well, it turns out that the nursery was less than truthful about their having the Brugs in stock. Actually, they did but related later that the cold spring had set them back and that they could not ship for a while. Fortunately, the yellow one came last week. We got it in the ground and it's doing great. Unfortunately, the email I got from the nursery this morning indicates that we will receive the pink ones between June 21 and July 12. This time window will miss both occasions we're wanting them for.

So, the reason I'm posting is to see if anyone has any pink cuttings they would be willing to make available. I would like to get the shipping expedited and would be glad to get funds to you immediately for shipping and your handling time and expenses.

Thanks for any help!

Ken

Comments (2)