Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugs, Epis and other things (warning, large photos)

Posted by dave_in_nova VA zone 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 1, 10 at 10:12

Hi all,

Well, no photos of brugs yet, cause they are just gettin' going. They are all planted for the most part and many are in bud! We've had the blessing of a warm Spring with good rains and fortunately no hail - so far!

In the meantime the epis did well this year:

No-name hybrid:

Pegasus:

Dracula:

Tel Star (Wow! this one is incredible!):

And, here is reason for not much posting -- our little Katie Rose has been keeping us on our toes. She's started walking now. 'Nuff said.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugs, Epis and other things (warning, large photos)

She's so cute and those blue eyes are beautiful

Beautiful flowers on those epis too.

o

Dave, your epis are beautiful but your little one is a sweetheart.

o

WTH? I can't see any pics of Katie, just 4 of the epis. I love that two tone first one. I decided to rescue some epis I had that I was going to trash. I repotted them and should have flowers soon but they'll probably just be white. Pretty but boring.

o
RE: Brugs, Epis and other things (warning, large photos) video

Didn't realize I had to click the link. She's adorable. I think you should have given her a bigger piece of banana! lol

o

Karyn,

I do not know if it's possible to directly embed a video in GardenWeb from PhotoBucket, so I just had to create a clickable link. Does anyone know if this can be done?

The first two-tone epi is actually sort of fragrant -- a little floral scent combined with mothballs! Epis really like to be potbound before they bloom. The Tel Star is really amazing. The photo does not quite capture the intense luminosity of the magenta/purple next to the red/orange.

o

Beautiful epis Dave, and Kathie Rose sure is growing up fast. Love how she stuffed that banana; you know she loves her food, LOL!

o

Dave
first your Katie Rose is juat Georgeous, Congratulations
on your Blooms, this early, just beautiful

Elizabeth

o

Wow, Ilove your epis.

o

Oh my, Katie Rose is precious!! and of course your epis are beautiful! I only have a white one, could you part with some cuttings?I have some seeds or cuttings of miniature cactus. Thanks Marcie

o

The epis are beautiful but so is your baby. She has the prettiest blue eyes and is growing like a weed, lol. She does like her bananas, lol.

o

when do epi's bloom and what kind is this one, it is over 4 years old and hoping for blooms.

o

I couldn't see Katie Rose - the link leads to a private album, which requires a password.

The Epi blooms are gorgeous!

o

Very nice blooms on the Epi's.
I have read that they have to be five years old before they'll bloom.
I'm hoping to find some Epi's locally to grow with my plumeria & brugmansia.
Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here