Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gr8heather

How often will my Brug flower?

gr8heather
10 years ago

I have had my plant for about a year, I got it as a rooted clipping last year, and put it in the largest plastic pot available at Walmart, not sure how big it is, but it is hard for my husband to carry. It grew all last summer, and was just barely getting buds when it started to get cold out, so I brought it in and left it in a northern, very unsunny window all winter. It flowered once. I noticed there were a ton of aphids attacking it, in the house, so I cut it back, and removed all of the leaves. It rebounded pretty quickly and It's been outside for about a month and a half now. It just flowered for the second time. It's about 8 feet tall.

Will it keep flowering all summer? Or do they have cycles? If they have cycles, how long does it take until the next bloom cycle? Is it too leggy from being in the window? The leaves seem to get damaged very easily from the wind here, is that normal?

Comment (1)

• AllanRandall
    10 years ago

It is normal for the leaves to be damaged by wind, at least here in Oklahoma. In fact, as leggy as that one is, the whole thing would probably be broken on the first day here. Were it me, i would cut it down a few feet. It just looks too tall and weak.

They do bloom in flushes, but it is going to depend on the kind and your temperatures. I have one that is about 3 or 4 feet tall and kind of bushy. It just finished and flush of about 20 blooms around a week and a half ago. It is already starting to put out some more tiny buds. However, if it gets too hot, i don't expect it to do much.