Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

OT: Few Blooms

chena
13 years ago

I do have a few things that are blooming.. Brugs :? YIKES.. They have had a rough go of it but are still hangin in there.. ;)

Kylie

{{gwi:504262}}

{{gwi:504264}}

{{gwi:504266}}

{{gwi:504268}}

Comments (17)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very pretty, I would love to grow daylilies but will have to wait until we get a deer fence up.

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Nice flowers, that stripey one especially! Brugs are so finicky, I will applaud your first flower as you have applauded my first one!

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Do those purple shamrocks need shade? Mine stay wilted and folded up all the time. Gonna have a brug bloom tonight I think. Day Dreams is dropping her skirt. Got the shade cloth put up in the greenhouse. I hope its not too much shade now, lol. Will have to see. I wanted to put it on the Big door instead but John wouldn't listen.

• figara
    13 years ago

I like your day-lilies especially the one in the third pic.

• knotz
    13 years ago

Very pretty kylie!!...The purple shamrocks I got from Lucy last year are growing like CRAZY!!...Your Daylilies are really pretty.

I have a few brugs that have buds, but no blooms yet :)

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Beautiful flowers Kylie! The daylilies are amazing.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

I love the daylilies and hibiscus and adore the shamrock! Do we all have a piece of Lucy's Shamrock? ;-)

Pam

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Those daylilies are beautiful, Kylie- I'm a sucker for the dark ones, that one is especially pretty. My son just gave me a start of his Highland Lord, it looks like an orchid! Same nice dark color.
    Kristy, congrats on getting Daydream to bloom- I never had any luck with this brug. After 4 years, Pink Pefektion has settled down, She had one nice bloom, now two more and I'm going "With 95+ weather, where are the deformed blossoms?" - guess it is just a matter of maturity. I will post some photos later today if I get a chance.
    Keep the photos coming!
    ~Brenda

• siam_cannas
    13 years ago

WOW!!!! that yellow and orange daylily is to die for!!! , i love it.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Beautiful daylilies.

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A couple more!! YAY...The Tomatoes are really doing good.. the squash and okra are on the way.. At least we wont starve..LOLOLOL The first is Box Car Willie.. I an 5'6 and they are way over my head.. The last is a day Lily that blooms today.. I wish I could remember who sent me the Lily's. I would love to Thank Them again..!

Kylie

{{gwi:504270}}
    {{gwi:504272}}
    {{gwi:504274}}

• thahalibut
    13 years ago

I love kwanzo daylily, yours looks great with the water drops on it.

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Boy those look good. I want a fried green one, lol. My kwanso daylillies didn't bloom this year. They looked pale and stunted. Don't know what happened to them.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

You weren't kiddin about the size of those Box Car Willie's!
    I have a lot of cherries, but my first big tomato (Black Seaman) had blossom end rot...it was fine a few days ago!

That daylily is to die for...such a subtle color!

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

As always great pictures,love the daylilis, my tomatoes all I can say is they are alive, they survived the green worms and came back barely started blooming, so at this point I am not sure if I will have fruit. my cantaloupe is putting fruit but the grasshopers are BAD!!

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Your garden is looking good!

Karen

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Kylie, love the tomato plants, and that daylily is beautiful! It would certainly fit in any garden. I didn't plant any new tomatoes because I had tons of sweet 100? self-sown growing. They have been giving lots of fruit, but yesterday I noticed the plants were drying up. Those darn gophers have dug all up under where the tomato plants were!

Sponsored