Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angel trumpet blooms

Posted by lovetogrowflowers 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 16:48

Hi, I had my first bloom for this season open last night. Today though the bloom looks wilted. It is very hot today and the brug is in full sun during this time of day. It's 94 feeling like 102. Is this normal? Do Brug blooms wilt during the day and open back up or what?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angel trumpet blooms

Yes the blooms will wilt along with the foliage but it should look fine when the sun goes down provided the plant has sufficient water.

o

Yes its normal. Try to give them extra water to make them last longer in the heat. I only get a couple days before they dry up here when its this hot.

o

Thanks so much to both who replied. I was beginning to panic. I couldn't remember how long they lasted. I have several buds that will be opening soon as well, and many more buds on there as well. I'm so excited.

This particular brug grew fast. I sat it out in April and its close if not already to 4-5 feet tall. I love it. The other two, basically in the same location are coming along, put out at the same time, but just not doing as well. One has a heck of a time getting eating by caterpillars it seems. It looks pitiful. Anyway, thanks again.

o

You can get some stuff called BT and spray it. It only kills caterpillars and cut worms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here