Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

A bit of an explanation

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

Some of you read the post by Romando who posted some "interesting" things about me. Here's the story: When i joined GW about 4 years ago, i was really active on the seed trading forums. I traded a lot and failed to come through on my side of the deal on several trades. There were many reasons, primarily that i was very unorganized, but those could all be called exuses. I stopped frequenting GW for a long time, and when i came back i was shunned time and time again even on other discussion forums. I came back under the user name Central_cali369, but there seems to be a lot of people who have way too much time on their hands, and whose life goal is to track my every move. Romando is one of them. I have appolagized to most, if not all of the people, but theres still a great deal of people who are grudgefull and track my every move. Because a lot of my photos show my house number and personal things that i don't want these people to see, i set my account to private and that's why the photos aren't showing. I really hope that i can still be part of this group, since those bad trades are from over three years ago, and i have appologized. I am not trying to get plants or seeds from you all, i just love talking with people who like to grow plants i do. On the contrary, i've even sent a box full of cannas, palms and trees to Marian. I appologize for the ruckus this might have caused.

Comments (7)

• rialira
    15 years ago

instead of apologizing, why don't you send out now what you promised three years ago?

better (extremely) late than never.

Ria

• vaskirt
    15 years ago

I did read the post about you from other forums. Looks like you didn't come thru on your end of several trades. Also, looks like you changed your user name more than once. The right thing to do is contact all those that you didn't come thru with your end of the trade and make it right. This way, you won't have folks looking for you..LOL. If you stiffed me, I would warn others also. You can't fault them for that. Just go make it right, then you don't have to worry about negative post.

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

I'm sorry for your problems Josh. I'm sure there are those out there that think I'm a low down bum. My main problem is I'm so forgetful about EVERYTHING not just gardening and exchanges. I'm always putting stuff up in a safe place and then I can't find it. LOL

I try to keep everything in a book, then I miss place it or the paper I wrote on and then I'm back to square one. I try to tell people when I can send their end of the trade. Lately it has been much later since we only live off social security and it only comes once a month.

You did come through on your end of the trade with me and I am very thankful for the cannas and small palm seedlings. You have been very nice to me! I'm fairly sure I sent you some different cannas in return and maybe some other plants too????

But I have to agree, if you owe someone something even if you just do one or two a month, you should make your end of the trade good. I think "Those People" would be blown away by you mailing them what should have already been at their place and growing.

Now with all of this said, is there anyone here that I owe anything to other than Thereasa the postage for the plants you mailed a few days ago?

IF so don't get mad at me, simply remind me.

P.S. Someone check and see if anyone has said anything bad about me. I don't know how to look those things up. I just hate being so computer dumb. But I do love reading and talking about all our plants and doing exchanges if and when the money permits.

Ya'll email me if I owe anyone anything~
    Love Ya, Marian

Josh, I can't hold a grudge against you but I can ask that you be honest and do what you tell the people on this forum you will do. I've said this the first time I was on here, "This is the VERY BEST group of people on all the Garden Web Forums".

Good Luck in getting everything straightend out!

Marian

• medontdo
    15 years ago

well, i'm glad your coming clean!! that's the very first step!! :')) you did right by me, i'm glad by that!! but i think that you should try to do something about all the people you stiffed. even if its a seeds, sending them that, that would at least show you are "trying" to do right, but its important to send the seeds of the plant that you were trading for. and "get organized!!!" coming from "Mrs. Unorganized!!!" LOL i may have a decent name, but believe me, i have a hard time remembering where my trades were and such, so i keep it all in my email. i never ever erase them until our trade is finished!! if their trade came in i note that in the email somehow. like a star by it. i have gmail so that helps! LOL because if its not in here i WILL LOSE IT!!!! LOL even my cell phone i lose!! LOL ~Medo

• linda441
    15 years ago

My theory is what I have lived by in all my years of trades

#1 - Do a minimal amount of trades to get started so you can fulfill your end of the trade deal--making sure before you do the trade you have seeds packaged' or rootings, cuttings etc. ready to go and have the money set aside for postage
    #2 - Keep in touch with your trader to let them know when to expect package-I get a Del conf # and send it to recepients so they may be aware of when it was shipped
    Communication with your trader is first and foremost
    #3 Let your trader know when your package arrives and the condition.
    #4 If something does happen where you cannot immediately fulfill your end of the trade-LET THE OTHER PERSON KNOW!
    we all have circumstances that can delay sending something as promised, but if the person on the other end knows, they are normally more than understanding.
    LAST but not LEAST! Thank the person when your package arrives! It does make for lasting friendships and possible future trades
    Gotta step down from the soap box and make me some dinner!!
    Country ribs on the grill tonite!! Maybe eating crow tomorrow if this post does not set well! (anyone have a good recipe??)
    Linda

• chena
    15 years ago

Yeah! Coming Clean is a BIG thing.. I have to agree if you know who it is send them something..LOL TRUST ME!!! You are not the only one.. there are others even on this froum who still owe me from last Fall..Better than good chance I will Never see it.. BUT It will be a Cold Day in Hell before I ever send them a thing again.. I respect the fact that you are standing up and being accountable for your actions.. Follow thru!
    I'll Trade with ya!!!

Kylie

• linda441
    15 years ago

To put it simply:
    Contact all parties you have done trades with and make the trades good with what was promised and a SINCERE apology for delay with NO excuses! or send a money order to cover what was sent to you with maybe a package of seeds enclosed in the card.
    Ribs are almost done..hungry and gonna eat dinner
    Linda

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area