Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
siam_cannas

My First Echinacea- thank you Karyn.

siam_cannas
13 years ago

hi,

here are some pics of my first ever echinacea. i have never seen any in nurseries here. this is one i grew from seed from Karyn.

Im very excited about this. I think it did ok.

{{gwi:505660}}

{{gwi:505661}}

{{gwi:505662}}

{{gwi:505663}}

{{gwi:505665}}

Siam.

Comments (15)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That looks great and it got so big so fast for you. I'll keep the red and yellow seeds separated for you this season. I'm surprised they aren't more widely grown there.

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nope, ive never seen an echinacea anywhere in trinidad, not even in the nurseries. Im so glad i got my own! is this the regular size that it should be? or is my echinacea plant smaller?

• figara
    13 years ago

Beautiful Siam. I should try to grow them too. Can you make tea out of their leaves or flowers?

Pat

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That looks like a good size for a young plant. They'll get bigger every year. Many of mine are over 3' tall but they are all inground. I think a container probably restricts their size.

Pat I'm sending you an email.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Beautiful Siam! I love echinacea, but I've never been able to grow them :-(

• maemae0312
    13 years ago

I love Echinaceas they are one of my favorite flowers. Your are very pretty.

Mary

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

3 feet tall thats great news! ccant wait for my plants to get that big.

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Nice to see that Coneflowers will grow in hotter zones, I haven't seen them in my area. Will try them for the spring season... thanks Siam for sharing!!

Izhar

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That looks great, I have trouble growing them here so you're doing a great job.

Izhar, the trick is not to water them too much even in the heat. They like to be dry.

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Thanks for the tip!!

so all the butterflies and bees out there in my area... join the feast in spring!!

Izhar

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Izhar, Yes they start off really slowly, but give them lots of root space and they will grow wonderfully. I think they would do well in your climate as well.
    Siam.

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

Great Job!! I see you have a guava? next to the Echinacea is that other plant a hibiscus dinnerplate size bloom? what color? Keep up the pictures, is always nice to see someones triumphs

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Same goes for Rudbeckias, started from seeds earlier this month & they are growing at snail's pace.. I'll plant my Coneflowers in ground.. hows your plant doing now? more blooms?

• wally_1936
    13 years ago

I have been enjoying my blooms for over 3 weeks now and keep hoping they will stay healthy. They get the same treatment all the rest of my flowers get. Still hoping the yellow variety I received will grow into healthy plants. Every since I saw them in Illinois I have wanted to see if they would grow here. Some say they are only annuals here but this is their third year and still blooming.

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My coneflower is doing well, i havent transplanted it into the groud yet, but im going to soon. its doing great, probably not perfect, but im happy with it!
    Siam.