Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Phenomenal- my very first cutting blooming !!!!

figara
13 years ago

I am soooo excited and happy. I got this cutting from my SS Eddie. Thank you Eddie. It is not opened all the way but by tomorrow I hope it will be. One of the flowers looks like is shredded. The other 2 are not. Snails ate the cover of a smaller bud and I can see the flower which is going to be shredded too. Is it normal for phenomenal to have two kinds of flowers or is just one time thing because the plant is immature?

Here are the pictures so far.

{{gwi:506469}} {{gwi:506470}} {{gwi:506471}}

I'll post more tomorrow or when will open.

Pat

Comments (21)

• siam_cannas
    13 years ago

it looks reallt healthy Pat. can wait to see the blooms when they open.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Woohoo! Congratulations. The mutant bud looks interesting. I wonder what it will look like when it's fully open? Post pics as they progress.

• knotz
    13 years ago

Oh now I REALLY can't wait until mine blooms...Thanks for sharing that picture.

• figara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is how it looks today...it is white /greenish and a bit of pink on one petal, if I can call it that.
    {{gwi:506472}} {{gwi:506473}}

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness! I'm weakening in the knees. Awesome. I
    can't wait for mine to grow up :) Thanks for the pic.
    Margaret

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

That's looking good Pat! Can't wait to see if/when it gets more pink coloring.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Pat were your temps fluctuating more then usual about a month or two ago? I occasionally get split blooms on plants and was told that it's most likely due to temp fluctuations while the bud was forming. It happens on some varieties more then others. For me the Jamaica Yellow and Tequilla Sunset were the affected plants.

You'll have to get more pics tomorrow. I wonder what they'll look like then?

• figara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Day 3
    It is starting to color.

Karyn, I do not recall big fluctuation in weather but I am not sure ,did not pay attention.
    I am sad that 2 smaller blooms fell off and one of them was shredded too :-(

{{gwi:506475}} {{gwi:506477}} {{gwi:506479}} {{gwi:506481}}

• karyn1
    13 years ago

It's really pinking up. Those blooms look huge. Are they especially big or is the plant just small in comparison?

• transplanted2scin07
    13 years ago

I have a rooted cutting that spent last summer outdoors, the winter on the windowsill in the unheated garage, and then back outside this year once it was warm enough. I have big leaves and it is at least 2 ft tall, but no flower buds. How long does a rooted cutting usually take to bloom?
    Thanks!

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Boy thats pretty! It would be neat to have a shredded pink all the time, lol. transplanted you need to make sure its not in too small a pot and fertilize plenty. Once it makes a Y it will start making buds. Switch to bloom booster after you get the Y.

• figara
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Few more pics. The other bud opened up too. They look so gorgeous. I am checking them few times a day and show them to everybody I am that excited.
    Karyn, the plant is small but the blooms are huge or at least look to me. I measure them and are like a bit over 11in in length and about 7 in in width.
    {{gwi:506483}}
    {{gwi:506485}} {{gwi:506487}}

• threas
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Pat! They are beauties! How's the fragrance?

Theresa

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

I didn't realize Phanamenal was a shredded, the blooms are really beautiful!

• karyn1
    13 years ago

The normal bloom is beautiful with a nice shape. The color will deepen. I'm not a fan of shredded blooms but it is interesting looking.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are beautiful pictures. Fun to see such a different type of brug.

• forever_a_newbie_VA8
    13 years ago

Very pretty. Somehow I love the buds before they are about to open. They looks so interesting! Changsong

• sekhment
    13 years ago

Good Job! I cant wait for mine either I got mine frome Eddie to. Super Kool!

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Those are really cool. I like the unusual shapes very much.

• taz56
    13 years ago

Very pretty!

• sib5
    13 years ago

I came here to find out why my first 3 cuttings turned into little gnawed dead stumps. Found out. Snails. Then I saw these pictures and my heart fluttered. I'm smitten by your brugs figara.
    I would like these anyone? I can trade. I probaly should be on the trading, I know.