Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Welcome Midway!

fool4flowers
13 years ago

I saw a post you wrote that you are new here so thought I would make a seperate one to welcome you so other folks would see it. Ask all the questions you want and we will help all we can.

Comments (15)

• figara
    13 years ago

Welcome to the forum Midway.

Pat

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Welcome Midway to this fun and informative site.

Who is Midway?

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Welcome Midway
    you'll love it here, lots of friendly people, some great infromation also

Elizabeth

• threas
    13 years ago

Welcome Midway!

Theresa

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I saw her post on another thread and she said she was new and wanted to learn about brugs so I wanted to welcome her and see what questions she had.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

You scared her away! lol

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Looks like I did. Sorry, lol.

• Patsey Nelson
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the nice welcomes.
    I did not get run off, I have a florist and we have too many funerals.
    My brugs do not have a good green color and most of them eventually turn yellow and fall off. I thought my husband was watering them too much, so I slowed the watering down. That was not the problem. I probably don't fertilize them enough according to this post. I will start that more today.
    I also use cotton waste for dirt in all of my flowers because we have so many trees and roots, can't dig a bed have to raise it.
    thanks all.
    Patsey

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Hi Patsey, glad you dropped back in.

When I posted my first brug last year, several on this site recommended Epsom Salt because my brug looked yellow. I started doing that right away and now alternate with bloom food every other week and my brugs greened right up. Whenever they look yellow, I water with Epsom Salt and that solves the problem.

Shirley

• lopaka_mikale
    13 years ago

Be very, very careful Patsey. These Brug people will suck you in. They will become your friends, and you will have to come back time after time... not just for Brug info either... you'll just want to see what all these crazy people are up to. You'll check up on their dogs, their children and their "grands", as some of them refer to their grandchildren. You'll look at their vacation pictures and marvel at the good times they are having. Eventually, they will be a part of your life... like relatives you don't get to see, but you love them, just the same. They're sneaky that way. And then when your life gets so busy, and confused, that you stop coming around, you'll find yourself thinking about them... wondering how they are getting along. Your spouse will ask about them. From time to time, you'll sneak back in and peruse some of the posts, just so that they will stay a part of your life, in some small way. If you think you can handle this, stick around... otherwise... run!... and don't look back! Oh... welcome.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Darn lopaka_mikale let the cat out of the bag.
    Jump on in with both feet Patsey. However he did not mention that we like lots and lots of flower pics.
    So where are yours? Don't be bashful. Show us your bloomers
    pa

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Patsey, hope you find some time from your florist shop to hang out.

Well look who popped in -- Bob! Wondered where you had gone off to, and glad it was just work keeping you away from here!

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Welcome Midway!

Karen

• Patsey Nelson
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I know I won't be on here very much, but it sure is a nice place to be.
    I just started with my angels, no blooms yet. I have about 80 as of today. Four of them are daturas and one small plant now has 13 buds. One of the others has one bud. It is a peach apricot. I am trying to get them big enough this year to having lots of blooms next year. They are all in pots. I am working on a bed for some of them.
    We bought an old two story house that needs everything done to it. I am beginning to think I am too old for this!!!
    Thanks for the messages.
    Patsey

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Glad you came back and kristy didn't scare you away LOL! Congrats on your new home. It will be a true labor of love fixing up your house and gardens.