Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

NOL, lilies, epis, misc

karyn1
13 years ago

New Orleans Lady's first bloom opened tonight. For some reason the first several blooms of the season are always deformed in some way, usually the inner skirt, but the scent is always incredible. It will color up as it ages.

{{gwi:508115}}

{{gwi:508116}}

My lilies have started blooming. My favorite are the rubrums but they are a ways from blooming.

{{gwi:508117}}

{{gwi:508118}}

{{gwi:508119}}

{{gwi:508120}}

{{gwi:508121}}

{{gwi:508123}}

{{gwi:508125}}

{{gwi:508127}}

{{gwi:508130}}

{{gwi:508132}}

I'm confused about some epi's. I thought they were the same plants but the blooms are very different. One has a much smaller upright bloom.

{{gwi:508134}}

The other is 3x the size and pendulous. The reproductive structures look different as well. The larger bloom looks like a Dragon fruit bloom but the plant looks like the epi with the flat foliage.

{{gwi:333093}}

{{gwi:333094}}

Misc flowers:

{{gwi:264710}}

{{gwi:508137}}

{{gwi:508138}}

{{gwi:508140}}

{{gwi:508142}}

{{gwi:508144}}

{{gwi:508146}}

{{gwi:508150}}

{{gwi:508154}}

{{gwi:508157}}

Comments (13)

• retsec
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your first epi looks like the one I have. I think it may be the hooker's orchid cactus. Look it up and see if that is what you have. What is the last picture?

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

The first one looks like hookerii the other looks like my queen of the night epi. Love the other pics as well. What is the last one?

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So they are both epis. The different blooms confused me. The last pic is a dianthus, Spooky, I think.

• figara
    13 years ago

Karyn, what is the name of your passiflora? Looks so similar with mine which I grew it from seeds I picked up last year from a school I visited.
    {{gwi:508160}}

• taz56
    13 years ago

Very Pretty!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They are P. caeruleas. It's one of the hardiest passies. The fruit is edible but it isn't palatable.

• threas
    13 years ago

Very pretty! What are the small blue flowers? Love blue! BTW, my hardy plumbago is getting buds! Did yours survive?

Theresa

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Pretty photos. I already have cats all over the passies here. Of course they always want to get on the good ones instead of the incense and caerulea ones that I grow for them lol.

• drvongirl
    13 years ago

Love the pic's, so jealous of the lily blooms mine are just starting to bud. I have a couple of epis (night queen)but I guess it will take a couple of years before they flower. Are they slow growers? They haven't grown much since they were potted. Ellen

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Love all the flowers Karyn. Was rushing last time I looked at them. Spooky is cool, lol. Ellen I put mine outside under a tree for some dappled sun and give it bloom booster and it blooms really often now. It didn't ever bloom when I kept it in the house all year. Now it only comes in for the winter.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

Everything is just gorgeous! I love the blue flowers too, they remind me of either speedwell or leadwort. The daylilies are really going full tilt, aren't they?

Pam

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wish I'd get some GF cats! That's why I started growing passies to begin with but it's been over 10 years and no GF's. I have plenty of varieties that are hosts for them but nada, nothing, zip : ( The blue flowers are called Triteleia "Queen Fabiola". I completely ignore the epis. I never feed or water them. I was going to toss them all but decided to just combine them in bigger pots. I had a bunch because a leaf would break off and I'd stick it in a pot. I ended up with about 10 pots of epis and I think most are white flowered. It wouldn't be so bad if I had other colors.

• marquest
    13 years ago

Karyn, you have so many beautiful flowers. I want to be just like you when I grow up. LOL

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012