Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Even without blooms brugs photos are fun

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 22:19

This Anole has been camping out on this same brug leaf every evening for several days so I finally took some photos to share.

Anole -Brug 1

Anole brug 2 6-10

I finally took the plunge and planted one out in the yard. It looks good there even without blooms. It's been there a week and no deer nibbles yet. My neighbors mature brugs survived our 15o lows last winter so this will stay out. It's too large to manage in a pot and I'm hoping for a larger flush of blooms this way.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Even without blooms brugs photos are fun

Great lizard photo Shirley!!
pa

o

I miss lizards! They're so darn cute!! I have garden snakes tho, so I guess I have to be satisfied. The brugs look wonderful - I planted some inground for the same reason this year, good luck to us both. Mine will freeze tho if I don't dig them up later.

o

• Posted by knotz 8/PNW SWWA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 0:30

Beautiful lizard!!

o

Cool lizard Shirley! Earlier this morning, I went out front to turn on the sprinklers and saw a possum coming out from under some plants. I haven't seen one in a very long time so it surprised me. I too need to plant some brugs in the ground soon that I have in cups. They definitely grow bigger and quicker that way. Hope the deer stay away from your brug.

o

I love that anole! Beautiful little guy!

o

Thanks all! They are so cute and we enjoy them. Sometimes they pose on the stone wall just like those metal lizards in the garden gift shops but don't want to wait for me to get a picture.

I've only seen one snake so far this year and I don't think it was poisonous but I only saw the back end. It was headed under the deck.

We also have possums, skunks, coyotes, racoons, armadillos and even a possible bobcat sighting. You would think we lived way out in the country instead of a few blocks from one of the busiest intersections in the city.

I was surprised at how many things survived the record cold last year. The biggest losses around were the tropical palms which we don't have anyway.

o

I love those lizards when they puff out their throats, lol. They are happy in the greenhouse. Your brug will like being in the ground. Make sure it gets plenty of water with the tree roots close by.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here