Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

Some Misc photos

kasha77
13 years ago

Here's some misc. pictures til my Brugs start blooming. This Eculyptus is 2 yrs old. I brought it home in a 4 inch pot.

{{gwi:509082}}

Cassie Todd Garden- Brugs from Cassie.

{{gwi:509083}}

Blue Balloon Flower

{{gwi:509084}}

Yellow lily

{{gwi:509085}}

Oriental Poppies

{{gwi:509086}}

{{gwi:509087}}

Yellow lilies

{{gwi:509088}}

Iris

{{gwi:509089}}

I apologize for the huge uploads.

Kasha77

Comments (9)

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Wow, your camera takes great close ups. The flowers are beautiful and I love that tree! I didn't know they were trees. I thought it was like a spiller plant. Oh geeze now I gotta go find one, lol.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

Everything is beautiful! That eucalyptus must be really happy! I hope mine grows that fast. I bet people stop in front of your house to just admire that beautiful garden!

Pam

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Your garden looks great. That Eucalyptus is so cool. I didn't realize it was cold hardy. Is it evergreen? Are you close to being in zone 8? I should have DH bring one home but I'm not sure where I could put it.

• threas
    13 years ago

Beautiful, Kathy!!! Love that Eucalyptus! I didn't know it was cold hardy either... I like your whole garden photo, it's lovely!

Theresa

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Lovely Kathy!
    I do envy you your sunshine (well maybe not today, its 98F)!

Karyn, Theresa, those Eucalyptus are quite common in this area. (I live about 20-25 miles from Kathy) I don't have room for anything as big as that but I do admire the colour and fragrance.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Frances

• karyn1
    13 years ago

It's been in the 90's here for a couple days. I had to come inside for a few minutes to cool off. DH thinks I'm crazy because I won't allow him to open the pool yet. A tree came down during the winter storm and damaged the pool cover. Well the pool is now filled with tadpoles and I told DH that the pool company couldn't come to do the opening until they've turned into frogs or toads, whichever, but I don't want them killed.

• marquest
    13 years ago

Kasha, you have some beautiful blooms. I love iris and lilies. They are my favorite

We had a monster tree come down on my pool area also. Not a problem for me because I had the pool filled in so it did not hurt anything. LOL. I finally got someone to come and cut it up. Everybody told me they had other emergencies. It was a very bad winter in my city.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi All-
    Thanks April- I've finally learned how to use my Nikon Coolpix 100- photos are turning out really nice!
    Pam- The Eucalyptus is 2 yrs old, they do grow huge here- yes, many folks stop & look at my gardens and chat, great way to meet the neighbors!
    Karyn, thanks- the Eucalyptus does stay evergreen, we are in zone 7b. But our winter was so bad that I did lose most of my inground brugs that I acquired last year.
    Hi Theresa- Thanks! How's it going?
    Hi Frances- wish we could get together!
    Karyn- good for you- that's what I'd do too. Frogs & toads are so valuable in our gardens. Thanks for saving them!
    kasha77

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Our pool was partially filled. The pool company never completely drains it. They just take the water below the level of the skimmers and intake/output lines. The tree(s) ripped the cover and made it sink then the 5 feet of snow melted and brought the water level up so the frogs/toads had a little orgy. There's literally hundreds, maybe thousands of tadpoles in there with plenty of leaf litter to eat. We are going to be overrun because it's not like a pond where there's other fish and stuff to eat them. It will be like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. lol