sekhment

My very First Bloom! Isabella

sekhment
13 years ago

I very First bloom Isabella

{{gwi:509120}}

And my second Bloom Rosalla

{{gwi:509122}}

sorry they are so big netime I will scale them down.

Thanks for looking

Cassie

Comments (20)

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Those are pretty. I love the shiny ones, lol. I see you have a second skirt hiding in there. I have one bloom on Pink Perfektion and the inner skirt didn't drop on it either.

• figara
    13 years ago

Congratulation Cassie!! You must be very excited. I know I was.I like the shine on Rosalla. Can't wait for mine to open in a few days.

Pat

• karyn1
    13 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

What a soft lovely color! Nothing like your first bloom is there?

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Cassie, congrats, both blooms are beautiful!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very pretty color and congratulations.

• knotz
    13 years ago

YAY!!...Aren't they so pretty!!

• luv-todig
    13 years ago

Your photos are beautiful. I've started growing the purple dats, BUT it seems to be dieing, the leaves are falling, and I'm not sure if the pods are to be hard or soft. PLEASE HELP. I have it potted in full direct sun. Also would love to find a red angel trumpet or another color.

Thx

• drvongirl
    13 years ago

The are beautiful! Can't wait til I see blooms, I'm so excited for you. Ellen

• danasplants
    13 years ago

Its always so exciteing when you get that first bloom! Very nice color with the second skirt teaseing thanks for sharing

• taz56
    13 years ago

Congrads! They are very pretty!
    Susan

• threas
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Cassie!!!! Feels good, doesn't it?....

Theresa

• sekhment
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone, and it feels very good! lol luv-todig I am tryin to grow dats to I find them very slow to grow for me. what kind of soil do you have them in?

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Congrats, Isabella is one of my more reliable bloomers. I can stick it anywhere in about any different soil, light, etc and it does well.
    Rosalla is one of my all time favs.

• luv-todig
    13 years ago

I have it in regular Miracle Grow Potting soil. I did move the pot under a tree for some shade, but as of today, no real progress, but it's not yellowing.

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    Such pretty blooms!

Karen

• haase
    13 years ago

Cassie, I missed you. Where have you been?
    Your plant is super beautiful. Congrats.
    Ingrid

• sekhment
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Ingrid, I have been all over lol I have been up to my eyeballs in dirt and repotting to lolol. I love this website but it takes sososo long to load on my computer.
    What have you been up to?
    Cassie

• keriann_lakegeneva
    13 years ago

I love them! I am excited for my first blooms!!

Lov_todig: you should snap off the pods if you want them to keep blooming. Plants have one agenda: to send a flower and set seed... so if you cut off the seed pod, you will get more blooms!

Are your dats wet? Yellowing might ne because of too much water or not enough nutrients. Mine are in full sun till about 4pm and they are huge! I water them only when the top 6" are and give them fert. once a week. They are now 3' tall and covered with blooms (I snap off every spent flower so they do not set seed, not just pull them off, I snap the purple 'marble' behind the flower head).

I will let them form pods in the fall.

I hope that helps!
    Keriann~

• luv-todig
    13 years ago

Thanks Keriann,

I'll try your suggestions. I so look forward to the purple dat blooming again. The yellow and white Bergs are growing beautifully, I planted them some years ago. The purple dats are giving me the problems. Also have seeds for the white dats, but became discouraged and haven't tried to plant them.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County