Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
duane456

ID if possible

duane456
11 years ago

I traded with a person this last fall for Dola and Kongmansia. Only one survived which was labeled "Dola".Here is a pic of it that just flowered.---obviously it's not Dola. It also isn't that to big to be Kongmansia either?

Any ideas what it might be?

Comments (6)

• rmbill
    11 years ago

Duane,
    Sorry about that. That one never blossomed for me so I was going on what the person that I got it from told me. On the bright side, it is pretty and I wish I had more plants that bloomed to the outside instead of just hanging. That is the only downside to Brugs. I would definitely keep it if I were you. It is very pretty. I would have no idea what it is. I suspect that somebody grew it from Dola seed and never saw it blossom either. Sometimes you get white blossoms when you grow from seed. It is a crapshoot but lots of fun. Congratulations on getting blossoms. My plants are crappy this year, so far.
    Bill

• duane456
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rmbill--I'm not trying to be ungrateful but---
    In the future I would suggest that you tell the person you are trading with what they are exactly getting. Yes, it's a nice plant. and I will keep it for the time being. But, I was expecting something else. The pink perfektion I sent you ,I knew what it was, because I had it bloom for me.
    for example---when I trade seeds I state at the very top that my seeds are open pollinated so that people know that the seeds may not come true like their parents. That way they know what to expect.
    Have a nice day !!
    DW

• rmbill
    11 years ago

This will not happen again. I gaurantee it. No more trades or sending out cuttings for postage from me. I will just buy what I want from now on and keep to myself.
    Sorry.
    Bill

• eloise_ca
    11 years ago

Bill, I haven't traded with you in the past, but I have read several posts on how very generous you have always been with others. Please don't let this experience screw it up for the rest of us!

• Frances Coffill
    11 years ago

Bill & DW,
    There is no sense in being upset or feeling guilty. It happens, to even the most experienced and organized gardeners from time to time. Cuttings and seed get mislabeled. Even professional nurseries mislabel plants on occasion.

Gardening is like that, specialized or not.... mother nature and fate play tricks on us all.

It is disappointing when we finally coax a bloom from a plant only to discover that it is not what we expected. But usually there was no malice intended and accidents happen.

Be happy to have discovered a new beauty and if you are very lucky to have made a new friend who shares your passion

Frances

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

This is an old post,but i just had to ask,could your soil play a part in the coloring?? I got one from a friend that was yellow at her house and she took a cutting for me and potted it up.It was quite a few weeks before we could connect to pick it up.

We now have it here at my house,and i'm along the coast.It started blooming for me this week the first bloom was a beautiful peach,today along with the peach,there is another that is a pretty pink.

This isn't the first plant that has come upa different color than when it started out.
    Kathi

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro