Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Recommend a white?

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hello all,

I am usually in the Iris and CA forums, but I thought I would visit and enjoy all of your photos and ask your advice.

I have a large "Frosty Pink", an unknown white with a rather unattractive growth pattern and short trumpets, and five yellows (Charles Grimaldi?). I love the way the yellow ones grow like umbrellas, and the length of the trumpets is lovely.

I am considering a brugmansia arbor of four to six tree-sized plants in my flower garden, almost like a tunnel, leading to a concrete bench. I would like white, but I would also like something that is easily trained, fast growing, and that has long graceful trumpets, just like my yellow one. Does anyone have any recommendations? They will be in full, hot sun, which they do not usually prefer here in Southern California, but I have grown them in the spot before and they did ok.

Thank you. Here are a few photos of my yellow ones.

If you can imagine two of these, about two feet taller and eight feet apart, that's what I want.

{{gwi:510047}}

And this is my ridiculous one in a whiskey barrel. I think it has broken through the bottom and become a happy camper. I cut it back to eight inches this winter, and it's already eight feet tall again.

{{gwi:510048}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner