Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Still loving brugs but as always have questions pics

lovetogrowflowers
10 years ago

It's been a long while since posted, so I'm not sure anyone remembers me, but Karyn is one I remember. But that aside, maybe someone can help me. We're not having what I would call an extremely hot summer, my brugs have grown like crazy with no help from me. They've been in the ground three years now, and while each of the two are beautiful, and doing their own thing I am worried about them. I've fed them fertilizer just once two weeks ago, but even before I gave them that they were both 6 feets tall. They look beautiful, nice and green, big leaves, but I am not feeding them, so it's like they're getting lot of nitrogen.

So, I'm at a dilemma, do I let the m just do their own thing. I mean one of the two has buds on it already, some that may even open in a week or more. But that's what's got me worried. Out of the 6-7 branches coming up from the ground only maybe two branches have buds on them, so it's sporadic. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is it normal?

Other brug white brug, super hot last year bud drop, then cooled down, starting budding like crazy, I was so hopin I could see it bloom again like the year before, but nope, right toward the end of the season it was loaded with buds after the cool down, they're growing, but it was so close to frost I wasn't hopeful, and yep didn't get to see it bloom lasts year.

And is that normal? What can I do to balance everything out and once I feel they're tall enough to bloom, should I be giving something extra? Why the sporadic blooms and why does it seem I have to rush them towards the end to bloom before frost hits. They seem to wait and start getting ready to do a full flush way to close to frost time. Should I start using a bloom booster? Please help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting