Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tommysmommy_gw

Buds now flowers!

tommysmommy
12 years ago

These are what I stood in the hailstorm protecting with my umbrella. Come on, you can't blame me! Notice the buds above, too. First flush for Santa Rosa this year coming on strong.

{{gwi:511985}}

Comments (9)

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Congrats Diane, she looks great, hail holes and all!

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

All three flowers are open and colored, still mildly fragrant in the early morning. Love this plant!
    {{gwi:511986}}
    {{gwi:511987}}

• Ament
    12 years ago

Soo Beautiful! And I have to tell you, I would have stood out there protecting them too. I'm in South Dakota, seeing that you are in Col. makes me seriously want to grow these. I think I'm going to have to find myself some of these beauties.

~Bright Blessings
    Tina

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lots of northerners (Canadians too!) grow them! Give it a try!

• pagrdnr
    12 years ago

Beautiful! That is so funny to imagine you standing with an umbrella over it. It so unusually hot here that my flowers are just melting after one day :(

• Ament
    12 years ago

Oh I plan to purchase at least one Brug. Not yet though. I just bought my first Clematis. It's a firecracker clematis. I'm going to get that going, then next yr the Datura's and try to find a brug I like so much I just have to have it. :) I'll get there! I am hooked and in love with them. So gorgeous! I think if they are so lovely and I can find one with a good scent too, I'll be even happier than ever.

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Tommysmommy- your plant sure must love you! I've never had hail damage, your leaves really suffered! The flowers were worth it!
    Ament-
    I got into Brugs 3 years ago. They certainly are addicting! Now I have about 1/8th of an acre growing these beauties! Most were planted in ground last fall here in NC and have come back beautifully. They are almost 8 feet tall now and loaded with buds. I have so many brugs now that I had to buy 2 greenhouses for fall and spring, and start a Brug nursery! I'm loving it, but am getting very tired, especially in this heat! :)
    kasha77

• chena
    12 years ago

Looks like all of that love and the umbrella worked out just fine!! Beautiful!!!!

Kylie

• Ament
    12 years ago

Kasha77,
    I'm so loving all the pics of everyones brugs. I wish they'd post more of them. Haha! It's far too late for me to even *try* to grow a brug myself, being so far north. However, I am hoping eventually to talk hubby into a greenhouse one day, then I will be certainly growing my own brugs.

Currently I just don't have the space, nor the ability to grow them. It would be rather difficult to bring them in and out of the downstairs of our split foyer home. (I blew a disk in my back a few yrs ago) And our garage just gets too cold for them I think.

So for me, it's just a waiting game, I get to drool all over everyone elses images when they choose to share them here.

Tina

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES