Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink equador - impressed first timer

Posted by LisaLisa143420 N.RI 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 9:21

I LOVE THIS PLANT!! So impressed with it Beauty personality and fragrance. I think in doing pretty good with it. Just need a few pointers... Am I supposed to trim off the little leaves that sprout on the bottom trunk? Are those suckers? I've been trimming the large leaves at the bottom to promote height but not sure what to do with the little guys. And how about the spent blooms? Do you trim those too? This first bloom didn't last long. It's amazing how it turns from yellow to pink in one day!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink equador - impressed first timer

Here's another view

o

very pretty!

o

It is pretty! It always surprises me to see such large blooms on a relatively small plant.

o

I just hope I can keep her alive all winter! She seems to love her spoton the deck. Just one problem.... The beetles are choking down on her leaves :( I'm organic so I've been spraying 'jAcks deadbug juice" but it's not really helping. Anyone else have a beetle problem?

o

Beetle damage

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here