Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lonemuchow

how to get it to bloom and Y

lonemuchow
13 years ago

I have a very large brugsmansia , it is in a large pot and I winter it over in the house, have had it for at least 5 years and some summers it blooms and others not, what am I doing wrong?

Comments (2)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Are you fertilizing alot? Brugs are very heavy feeders and will grow in natural compost piles in thier natural habitats. Make sure to feed the HUNGRY Beast and you will be rewarded lol. Also make sure it gets enough water and sunlight. You could try a bloom booster as well. It is hard to overfertilize a brugmansia but easy to underfertilize it. Just make sure it is well watered before appying the fertilizers.

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Yes it should bloom with plenty of fertilizer since its not so hot where you live. Lots of bloom booster. You might want to see if it is really root bound. You can root prune it and add fresh potting soil if it needs it and you can't put in in a bigger pot. I had one for 3 years in a large pot and when I took it out it was all roots and no soil and it had stopped blooming. After I pruned it its flowering again like it used to. You can also plant it in the ground then dig it up for the winter. Its easy to cut a root ball to fit back in your winter pot that way.