Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

OT: Closing on August 4th! :)

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

Good news - I got the new house! :) Closing is on August 4th! I've already started to panic!! Moving brugs, dats, and everything else is going to be very hard on me & the plants. I've already emailed Karyn for important plant 'moving' information! lol! Wow - not sure how I'm going to handle moving plants in the 'heat' of the summer. I need input here! :) All & any ideas will be very much appreciated!

Mike

{{gwi:506583}}

{{gwi:506584}}

{{gwi:506587}}

Comments (29)

• Georgia_on_my_mind
    15 years ago

Congratulations !

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Yes Congrats!! Start potting them up and placing them in a cooler north side in shade. Remember to water and let the fun begin! What exciting new for you!

• gee8ch
    15 years ago

Mike: Congratulations and Good Luck Wishes. After all is settled in let me know if there are any brugs I can share with you to replace not only those that might not have made it, but also to fill in those wonderful new empty spaces!!!! lol... BTW did you ever have any luck finding a Dat. MM? I'm still looking for a Reasonably priced one. Deal still holds. If I get one, will certainly share it with you. Again, Good luck and enjoy the excitement! Gloria

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Congratulations Mike!
    You are going to be very very busy!
    Karma`s instructions are very good ones!
    Best wishes!
    Karen

• chena
    15 years ago

I'm with Karma.. They will adjust better if you just pot them up and give them time to get over the shock... Mike I am so very Happy for you that is awesome and I can hardly wait to see how you transfrom it to your very own Paridise...Lots of hard work ahead but I know you will do wonderful!!!
    Hugsss!
    Kylie

• hong2007
    15 years ago

Nice Brick house Mike congrad :o). You can send us plane tickets, we can come and help you move ;)

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

Mike!! YAY!! Congrats!! I agree to pot them up now, and do as Karma says. I can't wait to see pix of the transformation of the new yard. What fun you're gonna have making new beds and everything! Calm down, don't panic, lol. inside of the house can wait till after the plants are taken care of, lol. No prob living out of boxes for a bit, lol. I hope every single one of your plants makes it, and loves their new home! Good luck!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Yep, I agree with all of them. Pot them up and keep them as cool as you can and let them adjust and then you can plant. I am sooo happy for you. I feel sorry for you having to dig and move all that. I wish some of us were close enough to help. Karyn is still on vacation is the woods I think, lol.

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Way to go Mike!Good luck on the new home can't wait to see the transformation when you take over!

Rigo

• redhotflowermama
    15 years ago

Well Mike if your close enough could be persuaded to come and help. So lmk where you are. Judy

• greatnan
    15 years ago

Congratulations and wishing you all the best.

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Mike

Hey, ya did it- I'm so happy for you! Thrilled, too!!!

I know your new place will be a showplace in no time at all. But I do get that panicky feeling you are having. So listen to Karma- find some large pots and give your brugs temporary homes- they will do their adjusting in the pots and won't even know you've moved them, and you can leave them in the pots while you get their new homes ready! Don't know bout the daturas- you're the expert on those!!

Happy moving and getting settled in! Sorry about the timing but it will soon be behind you. Wish I lived nearby!

Brenda

• ruth_ann
    15 years ago
  • jeep461
    15 years ago

That is great. Great investment and it is brick. Remember the homeowner warranty!!!!! And renew it !!!! Your house is going to be Immediately worth a bunch more from your landscaping. Any painting inside use exterior paint lasts 10 x longer is washable and much more durable.

The plants, whew that is a hard one. Karma is the expert. I am a rookie. I have been using water crystals on my transplants. My survivability has gone way up.

Jim

• neonposey
    15 years ago

Wow! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!!!

Karmas idea is a good one. Pot 'em up, then all you have to do is water until you get everything else settled and get your beds ready. Hit your local nursery and ask to purchase their large USED nursery pots. You will probably only pay 15-25 cents each for them. Then rinse with a little soapy clorox water. After potting up you can take your time getting things prepared like you want it instead of rushing to get them in the ground.

I'm so happy for you!

• WOODSGRANNY
    15 years ago

can't wait to see pictures of not only the house,but the yard you have to work with in a few tears....AND IT WILL BE YOURS! congratulations mike

• pearlgirl
    15 years ago

Good luck Mike in your new home!!! I know that you're be happy and your brugs will do just fine!!

Margaret

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Congrats on the NEW home. Could use some brugs around it, lol. I agree with everyone else... pot them up now so they will get over the stress and be easier to move.
    sHAWN

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Congratulations!!! I just got back from the wilderness. I finally gave up on trying to get a signal for the laptop so this is the first I've logged onto the computer. I didn't get your email. It was probably bumped back because my box was full.
    Karyn

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Mike, what awesome news; congrats on your new home!!!!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    15 years ago

Mike, I am so happy for you, it could not have happened to a nicer person. Its such a beautiful home, and your yard will be a showplace in no time. Barbra

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Hey Mike, I just got a chance to enlarge your pics and get a closer look. Is that planter around the tree that high above the root flare? If it is I would take that box around it out. I would limb up the tree when you get a chance too so it doesn't rub the roof. You could make a huge bed way around the tree that wouldn't hurt it instead and your brugs would look nice in that raised planter in front of the house and a big tall tree form one in a large pot would look great on the other side. You are going to love that house. It has so much potential for all your beautiful plants to be shown off!

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Mike, Congrats!!!! nice looking house, I like all the windows!!!! Can't wait to see how you transform the yard!!!

Mary

• jeep461
    15 years ago

Now we need pictures of the back and sides and the back yard. Call your agent they will be glad to let you in. They realize how important the house is to you. ( and us )

Great time to buy. Low interest rates and a sagging economy = deals. LOL my house payment is 1/2 of my gas bill. Very pretty house with a lot of potential. So happy for you. If you run into any snags email me and i will give you my phone number. I have bought,sold and acted as an agent many hundreds of homes. There is always a way unless you have $ 30,000.00 of credit card debt and never pay on time. I have seen a few exactly like that who made $ 150,000.00 a year. There still were ways but it had to be very creative.

Sorry for the rambling. Call if you need to.

Jim

• collielover
    15 years ago

Congratulations! I also went from a trailer to large home, you will be in heaven when everything calms down. Love the brick and wish I could help. Cindy

• diane_v_44
    15 years ago

Mike

You are a popular guy with all the well wishes posted

Here is another.

I was through it all last year and sure is a lot to do

Potting up the plants took me ages but it worked very well

Enjoy the new house may it soon be a home.

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning gang!

Lots of great ideas & alot of input. :) I've been potting up some of the smaller brugs & getting them ready. I have the following with buds:

'Day Dreams'

'Pink Perfektion'

'Triple White' (from Brenda - gottahosta)

'Adeline'

'New Orleans Lady'

'Xena'

I'm going to let them go ahead & bloom! I've got to enjoy them while I can - right?? :) And I still have a little time. Spent some time yesterday at the new house talking with the painter. Interior looks great!

*Gloria

I'll keep that in mind - but hopefully I won't lose any! :) And I still haven't found a Datura Missouri Marble - but if I do, you'll be the first to know!

*Kylie

Yes - alot of work!! I sit on my porch now & ponder this & ponder that! lol! Where's this going & where's that going! It will be worth all the hard work in the long run!

*hong

How many do you need?? :)

*Kristy

I'll send you plane tickets right along with hong's!! lol!

*Judy

You'll probably have to stand in line for plane tickets! And thank you very much for the offer - as it's appreciated! :)

*Brenda

Wish you were here too!! lol! I'd put you to work! The 'Triple White' you sent me - soon to bloom!! Yay!

*Jim

Will do - on the homeowner warranty!

*woodsgranny

In 30 years it will be mine! lol! But - it's still a very nice feeling! :)

*Karyn

Thanks very much for all of your help & your input! Some of the larger ones I think I'll move directly & do ALOT of praying! :)

*Barbara

I really, really hope so! :)

*Kristy

Yep! It is awfully high & it's going to be one of my first projects - take out some of the landscape timbers! I really don't understand why the previous owners made it so high! Obviously NOT Brug people! lol!

*Mary

Come help! Come help! :)

*Jim

I will contact you if necessary! Thank you very much for the offer! It means alot!

*Diane

Glad I'm not the only one that has had to do this! I'm just hoping I can pull it off & see some of the brugs bloom before fall! I have friends here who I have GOT to enable with many cuttings this fall! :)

And thanks to all for your congrats! I think & I'm hoping - I've done the right thing! :)

Mike

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Mike, Lori (Hornet Wife) just moved all of her plants (in the past month), brugs and the the list is too long to remember what all she had, well anyway they were all in pots but she moved them from Memphis to Corpus Christi in the heat in the back of a U -haul and she just had her first brug bloom. The moral is they are very hardy and I am sure with a little TLC they will do fine.

Mary

• bonnie12210
    15 years ago

Congrats Mike,you will be so happy in your new house,and it will transform in no time,you have the magic touch,I believe in you.Have fun and enjoy,
    Bonnie