Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angelís Summer Dream fragrance?

Posted by kimka z7 (jkkaplan@erols.com) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 11:42

I just had my first flowers from a recent purchase of Angelís Summer Dream (from Logee's summer sale so it should be true to name). Unlike my other brugs, it didn't seem to have much of a fragrance.

Have other people found it to be lacking in fragrance too or is this just the strange weather we've had in around Washington DC this summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angelís Summer Dream fragrance?

Wish you would have posted a pic don't think I have ever seen that one love all the angel collection. I have a few angels sunbeam and angels flight waiting for them to grow to flower If they don't have a strong scent I will be disapointed angels exotic is a strong grower too Later this fall I should be posting a few pic's

o

Make sure you sniff it at night. A lot of mine only smell strong then. In the early evening or morning they have almost no scent. One is so strong I can smell it when I walk out the door and sniff my way over to it but others have a more slight fragrance and you have to sniff the flower.

o

I received mine back in early May and had a flower developing for the last 3-4 weeks but killed the flower as it was getting ready to open by overwatering. I have another getting ready to open and I can let you know if smell anything.

o

I have a few of the angel's varieties but none have held their buds yet. Hopefully I'll get blooms this season. I can only smell brugs in the evening. None of mine have any fragrance during the day.

o

My Angel's Summer Dream has been slowly dropping the flowers out of the buds over the past week. So far as I am seeing color develop, at this point have no fragrance at night on mine.

o

Yes my Angels Summer Dream has fragrance at night but not strong enough that it carries long distances.

o

My Angel's Summer dream has been flowering for quite some time now. It is a real bloomer, keeps going and going and going. I havent been impressed with much fragrance and any fragrance I do smell isnt the kind of fragrance I like in Brugmansia. The flowers themselves dont last as long on the ASD as they do on my Supernova Brugmansia. I would give 3-4 days for each bloom to last. I will likely scrap it and try a Dr. Suess since I am more after fragrance than just a flower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here