Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (14)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow, you certainly have lots of pretties to look at on your walkabouts! I had no idea that St John's Wort had such a lovely bloom! I think all that rain has helped your garden!

Pam

• threas
    14 years ago

Wow,D! Fantabulous! Your NBJ is loaded with buds! The iochroma & fuchsia seedlings are hugh! Great job!So is your lotus getting a bud?

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Great plants! i love your hostas!

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Daniellalell
    Wow~~~~~Not Only You Have a Green Thumb
    But All Of Your Fingers Are Green As Well.

Those Hostas Are To Die For. ~~~~~~Beautiful~~~~~~

Also Your Package Are Getting Ready To Ship.

Chocolate Brug

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

They all look great! My one poor hosta has been eaten alive by the snails. I need to look for a couple more. I really like them. Gonna be out with the flashlight picking snails but who cares. I just got the crap scared out of me by a giant leopard frog. I took John out to see my new plant and he hopped right on my foot. I thought it was a snake, lol. I have one of those in my back pond so I am having John and Morgan water back there for now, lol. Guess what. A guy came and got his car today and was coughing all over the place and said he had been stuck in Chicago and the doctor wouldn't let him fly because he had swine flu. I hope like heck he wasn't contagious. Thats just what I need. Its ok, if he give it to me I'm gonna share it with Kylie when she gets here tomorrow, lol.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Pretty!
    Susan

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Very nice D! Stay healthy Kristy....Barb

• daniellalell
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yikes Kristy, hope you all dont get it. haaand sanitizer, vitamins, I'm sure you know the drill, lol.

Pam, I like the buds more than the flowers, lol. They remind me of moonflowers, how they are all swirly like soft ice cream on a cone. I dont know, I'm weird..my coffee aint workin..what is this decaf?????
    Seriously tho, I have had that a few years now, the tag said shade so thats where I put it..boy was that tag wrong. Now its in full sun this year and is 3x the size, has bigger flowers, and is blooming its head off! Where as every other year it was far and few between bloom wise, and stayed very small.

Theresa, I am so happy with the NBJ this year..non stop blooming..so much for the bloom cycle going with the moon. Mine hasnt stopped since it started last month! Every night is heaven!! DD says she can smell it in her room every night, but for the first time last night as I was laying in my bed I could smell it, and its not real close to the house either.
    No bud on the lotus yet...I think what I thought was a shaft was just string algae covered in aphids, lmao.
    Gonna fert again today. I have been putting 4 in at a time since its taking up the whole preform, but maybe thats not enuf?
    Man I hope the Iochromas and Fuchsias bloom this year!
    The Iochroma get so bushy so fast, I am constantly plucking leaves off to keep the bottom airy.

Thanks Siam!

Thank you CB!! geez..I hope its not gangrene! lmao, seriously tho...I really like hostas, I wish I knew the names on all of them. I think I only have names for about 6 of them. Hard to ID the ones I dont know what they are, so many dif ones look so much alike. DO Hostas do well in your area?
    Like I said, take your time on the pkg, dont rush anything on my acct! thanks again bud! :) You're too kind & sweet!

thanks everyone!

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Very pretty!

Karen

• Central_Cali369
    14 years ago

That St. John's flower looks almost like a cassia flower. Very nice. And your hostas are so lush, and you have so many of them! I love the shady look of your yard. It makes it look very fresh.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Daniella dump a bag of composted manure in there with the lotus. They love it and it won't burn them. My second bloom opened today.

• daniellalell
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Josh :)

Kristy, when I set up the lotus pond last summer, I did. Composted manure, reg compost, garden soil, and I am using the Jobe's Tomato fert every few weeks. I also let the leaves collect in there in the fall and never removed them to add to the natural..whatever..lol

We havent started with the hot hot days yet, so maybe its just not ready..our nights are still pretty cool as well. In the lower 60's which is really odd for this time of year. Normally we are in the pool at night by now, and that aint happenin! weird weather.

• pondbucket
    14 years ago

You have wonderful gardening skills... obvious from your recent pics!

And I see you have many many variety of hostas, nice.

I would just wait on your irises since you are correct in thinking that if you divide you may not get blooms. If they don't bloom next year then you can always divide next summer. The overcrowding in the one container may be the problem but I wouldn't really think so.

Good Luck and enjoy your beautiful garden!

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

They are hogs with the fertilizer but if you are still that cool at night thats probably what it is with the lotus. I need to add another bag of top soil and more manure to the one big tub I had stick all three of my new ones in. Lucy had pulled them out so many times I just plunked them all together in a preformed pond in the gazebo and didn't really have enough for the size of the container. It settles pretty quickly if you need to add stuff. I was afraid they had used all the nutrients from last year and was trying to hide the tubers from Lucy Lou and it seemed to benefit the one little piece that was left in the original lotus pot.