Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT:A few more passies

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 15:05

I few more passifloras opened today. Biflora, Incarnata Alba, Clear Sky and Citrina.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT:A few more passies

lovely!

o

You have so many pretty passies!

Did you ever get your zone9tropicals blue ginger to bloom? Mine bloomed but it is more of a light lavender than blue I think...hope they sent the right kind. The sanguinea one has nice pink red foilage and a dark reddish pink flower/inflo.

o

I was just going to email you about the globba. Mine appears to be solid white. The inflo just emerged and the individual blooms haven't opened but they are stark white. I'll wait until they open and if they aren't blue I'm sending a pic to Wayne.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 16:00

OOO!! Lots of Passi's at your house.. NICE!!!!!

o

Oh, they are so lovely Karyn. ANd they all look so healthy too. DO you use any fertilizer with them, or special soil mixes?

o

So beautiful! I just started the base for a lasagna garden. Going to get myself into brugs. *g* But these are so beautiful! thank you for sharing them! :) I did get blessed with a white poppy today. It was in a butterfly mix I bought and sprinkled in a ratty rocky area. Heh

~Tina Marie

o

I have about 25 varieties of passifloras and don't feed any of them a lot, maybe every 6 weeks but they do get extra potassium. The decaloba and passiflora group bloom the easiest here. I have the most difficulty with the tasconias because they are cloudforest and like the same conditions as the Sphaerocarpium brug group. Of course the tasconias are my favorites. lol At least they will bloom unlike 2/3's of the cold group brugs. I've killed too many vulcanicolas (terribly heat sensitive). Sanguineas will grow but not bloom. The arborea actually does alright and seems the most heat tolerant of the group. Tina I can include some passie seeds I recently harvested with the others I'm sending. Remember that they need winter protection in your zone. You might want to invest in a small grow light system for the winter : )

o

Karyn, You are such a sweetheart! I will request that as a gift from the family for me. Hehe! I will be sure to pass the gift of seeds you are sharing on to another like you are doing for me Karyn. I promise you that. :)

o

Karyn
Did I notice that you have blue ginger that has flowered

I am a Canadian but have a home, six months of the year, I am there, in FLorida.

I have Blue Ginger in the garden there and I know it has bloomed as I see the remains of the bloom and plant when I get down in November.

Never have seen the bloom
If you have photos of this could you post them so as I might see what I am missing.
Of course I could look on the ginger forum of which I am sure there is.

o

Beautiful Karyn. Where do you grow all these passis? Do you have them in pots or in ground?
I had a seedling of pasi Incarnata alba from last year but it died while I was gone. I had left 2 seeds and I planted them. Hope they will germinate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here