temperature here in Florida. All of these brugs have
perform flawless and have produce an abundance of
blooms as well and the blooms holds very well through
out there bloom cycle.

All of these Brugs are planted in full sun without any
shade throughout the day, however Dr SEUSS has become
one of my most favorite brugs. I love the color and the
abundance of fragrance and blooms it continue to produce
and it's such a vigorously grower as well.
Chocolate Brug

Velvet Rose
velvet rosevelvet rosevelvet rosevelvet rose

Mountain Magic
PhotobucketMountain Magic

Dr Seuss
Dr SeussDr Seuss

Autumn Treasure
Autumn TreasureAutumn TreasureAutumn Treasure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat Loving Brugs

Very, Very nice!

o

Just beautiful! What do you feed with to get such large flushes?

Pam

o

They look great. I really like the MM. I've had blooms but no decent flushes yet. Nothing is liking our 104+ temps, including me! The plants are doing ok as long as I water them but I'm still getting some scorched foliage on many.

o

CB how absolutely beautiful! You're up there with plantman in Chicago for very talented brug growers in my opinion.

o

I even had scorched foliage here in Zone 5-6 last week so your Brugs fared better than mine over all in the heat. Golden Lady was my best one blooming this week, nothing seems to bother her whatsoever.
Your flushes bring back memories of not so long ago for me, well done!

o

CB, spectacular flushes as always! I know what you mean about Dr. Seuss. I have a noid (Dr. Seuss/CG) that continues to bloom lots in spite of my neglect!

o

Absolutely Beautiful Brugs, you sure know how to capture them with your camera, I have had some Blooms but nothing like your flushes

Elizabeth

o

Beautiful!

Karen

o

Wow! lovely Brugs.
I did not know that Brugs can take such heat.
Kindly reserve some Seeds for me. I want to
try them in my hot climate here in Malaysia.
Thank You.

Durai

o

Beautiful photos CB!! My MM likes the sun too. I put it where it could get afternoon sun and it bloomed its head off. I was sorta suprised because when I first got it, it seemed like a slow starter...until I got it into the ground, that is, and then it took off.

Ruth Ann: I put my GL in the ground this year with more afternoon sun. It seems to like it there. The last GL I had never did that good with afternoon shade, in its pot so I am hoping this one will do better.

o

Yes, brugs can take that kind of heat -- WITH HUMIDITY! LOL!

o

Those are gorgeous CB. Thanks for the info on direct sun tolerance. I've not put any into direct sun, but even filtered sun is pretty direct here this time of year. Our temps here are running about 10o below last year and with the added bonus of rain everything is very happy.

Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures.

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 1:30

Awesome!!! I just loved your Burgs.. you have a green thumb, good job CB!!!

with similar sort of heat a humidity in my region I am thinking of giving a competition to you (in very far future though)...lol

Izhar

o

Chocolate Brug, don't forget me, when you cut back this fall. I still want cuttings from your heat loving brugs. Seems like the only ones from last year, that are growing are Georgia Peach, and nomame single pink and yellow from our "good deal" from filthyRich10 on ebay. Remember Karyn. Barbra

o

Beautiful Brugs as usual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here