Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Species passiflora ID needed

Posted by siam_cannas 13 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 18:48

Hi everyone, i found this species passiflora growing wild along a country roadside. can anyone ID it?
thanks so much,
here are some pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Siam.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Species passiflora ID needed

It looks kind of like P. incarnata.

o
RE: Species passiflora ID needed forgot

You might want to post this on the passiflora forum. There's several people there that really know their stuff whe it comes to passies. Myles, Eric & Randy to name a few.

o

It does look like p. incarnata which is native here in this area.

o

Siam you should collect some runners and fruit. It's a great host plant for Gulf Fritillaries and Zebra Longwings and maybe others in your area. Here's a chart listing butterflies and their host plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterflies and host plants

o

Siam or anyonelse is there any way I can have some cuttings of this paai? I can pay postage, or exchange cuttings of the one I have, Please!! Thank you all Marcie_new

o

Hi ,
Marcie, i cant send or receive cuttings or plant material, only seeds.
Karyn, yep i posted it on the passiflora forum as well. I did collect cuttings, which im going to try to root. I didnt get any fruit that was mature yet, but i will go back there soon again to check for fruit.
The other species passiflora i found months ago, is doing well, i have about 3 plants of it, but i havent seen an flowers or fruit yet! i havent forgotten you, ill send seed when i get :)
Siam.

o

You are better off trying to dig up a runner. They send out runners like crazy so you should be able to find one where you saw the plant.

o

Ooh, I'll try to find a runner when i go back there. :)

o

Marcie, since native passies are common in SA you can often find them available at our swaps. Just watch for the lists which should be posted soon on the Texas Forum or post it on your "wants" list in the Exchange there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here