OT: garden food

Posted by tommysmommy Colorado (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 19:22

Just brought back a few things from the garden:
Photobucket
Lettuces and beet greens
Photobucket
Peas, green beans, zucchini, golden beets, beet greens, onions

Beets roasting in the oven, considering a pasta and greens dish with lots and lots of garlic!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: garden food

Oh my goodness, they look delicious! I've never eaten fresh beets but I bet they are scrumptious!

What a score!

o

Diane, what a great garden you must have -- I am jealous! I planted zucchini, egg plant, and two kinds of green beans, and the plants all dried up! It's just been too, too hot here lately. Actually, the egg plant is still alive but just not growing so much. I am trying watermelon in a pot as last year's, earwigs or something got to the small melons when they were about the size of a baseball. I have this vision of growing a lot of my own food, but of course I don't want to put in all the work, LOL! Great job, Diane, what else are you growing, foodwise?

o

That looks fantastic. I live in the North, and I've never seen peas and green beans at the same time in a home garden.

Please tell me how you prepared this meal. I'm having vegetarian guests in 3weeks and I'd like to email the mom some menu choices and ask what her fav or seldom gets meal. I was thinking about grilling a variety of veggies and have wraps. Guess I need to read all labels.

Thanks

o
RE: OT: garden foodps

p.s. Only have Chas Grimaldi and Pink Beauty. They are looking great, but no buds yet.
Love the cat.

o

Yumm, roasted beets. The veggies look great. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't been to the farm in over 2 weeks and have no idea what's going on in the fields.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 12:51

NICE Dianne!!!!! It is so damn hot here even the squash has slowed down... LOL
That's a first 108* yesterday! Your veggies look awesome!!!!!

Kylie

o

Pretty as a picture! Our veggies here in the South aren't as good tasting as back home, (NY, where we get RAIN and cooler temps) Veggies are tougher, and tasteless. I don't even bother growing them any more. ( sad:( Thanks for reminding me of what we used to grow!
kasha77

o

Pandora, I sent you an email, I hope you got it. Let me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here