OT: garden food

tommysmommy
12 years ago

Just brought back a few things from the garden:

{{gwi:520643}}

Lettuces and beet greens

{{gwi:520644}}

Peas, green beans, zucchini, golden beets, beet greens, onions

Beets roasting in the oven, considering a pasta and greens dish with lots and lots of garlic!

Comments (8)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness, they look delicious! I've never eaten fresh beets but I bet they are scrumptious!

What a score!

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Diane, what a great garden you must have -- I am jealous! I planted zucchini, egg plant, and two kinds of green beans, and the plants all dried up! It's just been too, too hot here lately. Actually, the egg plant is still alive but just not growing so much. I am trying watermelon in a pot as last year's, earwigs or something got to the small melons when they were about the size of a baseball. I have this vision of growing a lot of my own food, but of course I don't want to put in all the work, LOL! Great job, Diane, what else are you growing, foodwise?

• pandora
    12 years ago

That looks fantastic. I live in the North, and I've never seen peas and green beans at the same time in a home garden.

Please tell me how you prepared this meal. I'm having vegetarian guests in 3weeks and I'd like to email the mom some menu choices and ask what her fav or seldom gets meal. I was thinking about grilling a variety of veggies and have wraps. Guess I need to read all labels.

Thanks

• pandora
    12 years ago

p.s. Only have Chas Grimaldi and Pink Beauty. They are looking great, but no buds yet.
    Love the cat.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Yumm, roasted beets. The veggies look great. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't been to the farm in over 2 weeks and have no idea what's going on in the fields.

• chena
    12 years ago

NICE Dianne!!!!! It is so damn hot here even the squash has slowed down... LOL
    That's a first 108* yesterday! Your veggies look awesome!!!!!

Kylie

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Pretty as a picture! Our veggies here in the South aren't as good tasting as back home, (NY, where we get RAIN and cooler temps) Veggies are tougher, and tasteless. I don't even bother growing them any more. ( sad:( Thanks for reminding me of what we used to grow!
    kasha77

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pandora, I sent you an email, I hope you got it. Let me know.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor