Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angel Trumpet Issues

Posted by Wayne1964 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 20:27

On my second summer with an angel trumpet plant. The first year it grew great bloomed many times was perfect. This summer it grew a bit during the spring and produced a few trumpet flowers, then now it just is not growing many leaves, the leaves start out green then turn pale green and white blotches, then yellow and fall off. It it watered regularly, drains good, fed with miracle-grow weekly, under shade since we have upper 90's to 100 temps. Not sure what has happened. You can see in the photo album the nice green new leaves then the pale green with blotches then almost no green color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angel Trumpet Issues

Hi Wayne- This is very common. Looks to me like a very bad case of spider mites! Get Seven- be sure to spray the undersides as well as the top of the leaves! Good Luck-

o

I agree, spider mite has found your brug and it's struggling to stay afloat. You'll have to treat regularly to get rid of them. A systemic insecticide is worth adding to the arsenal.

o

I did have see evidence of spider mites during the fall, I saw the visible webbing, but no longer see the webs. Do they not always make webs?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here