Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
80 MPH winds

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 20:40

We had a freaky storm pass thru yesterday afternoon. The wind was so strong that I couldn't stand up outside. Stuff was flying thru the yard like missiles. My container plants got tossed around and some of the inground plants were blown kind of horizontal but there really wasn't too much damage. We were lucky because there's severe damage all around us. Lots of roads were closed because of debris and there's still a quarter million people without power. Our power was out until just before midnight. Bruce was on the phone looking for a hotel vacancy when the electricity came back on. The news reported that a tornado might have touched down. What's going on here? First an earthquake and then a tornado!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 80 MPH winds

This year, our weather is just crazy. Tonight we had a hugh thunder storm, and only had a 30% chance of rain. Barbra

o

I lived in the D.C. area of Maryland for over 14 years and never had that kind of weather. In fact the bay never froze over until I left there. Good to hear you came though it with flying colors. Sorry to hear about the power. Yes here in Texas we are getting a wet summer which for the 20+ years we have lived here it is a rare thing also.

o

Where in MD did you live and when? I'm also in the DC suburbs, in Montgomery County. I was born in DC and have been in Mont. Co. my whole life. Most people in this area are transplants from other places.

o

Geez Karyn, think it's time to move? Only, where? Everyplace is having something strange. We're just hot hot hot here in CO, thank goodness nothing out of the ordinary at the moment.

o

Have things settled down Karyn? High winds certainly cause a lot of damage and hopefully you haven't found damaged plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here