Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysseeds007

Kylie & Brenda - Some baby brug pictures.

sandysseeds007
13 years ago

Hello - As my brugs are not in bloom yet, I will just provide the link to them as they only would interest the breeders mostly. I tried to only post 1 picture of each plant on photobucket so as not to overwhelm.

I will post this mottled variegated Cassies Curls xnoid shot as it is interesting enough to warrant a show. I hope its not some disease. It has no Y yet and it is the tallest of the 3 I have. The other 2 have a Y. My Super Pink Xnoid just got its own Y but it does NOT flower without the Y as I was told by somebody else (not Volker of whom I bought the seeds of this one from) but this may be because it is a cross and it did not pick up the trait. Sooo, no idea as to whether SP is a pink version of Inca Sun.

{{gwi:525566}}

Kylie - Does the Miss Emily Mackenzie have smooth non-fuzzy leaves as I am hoping to keep one that has as many of MEMs characteristics as possible. Some of my MEM seedlings have fuzzy leaves but I understand this is usually a double and I want an MEM look alike, even if it is a xNoid...lol I dont believe there will be enough time for most of them this season to see a first flowering on them let alone a second flowering to be reasonably sure of what I would get next year.

- Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby brugs

Comments (3)

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Sandy, hi, very nice photos of all your babies. They all look much healthier than mine! LOL!
    What zone are you in again? Are you on Erie? Has it been hot there?

When it is prolonged hot, my brugs/seedlings will Y and not bloom- they keep growing and y'ing, so by the time it does get cool, they produce a ton of buds and bloom like crazy. The doubles can be a little more picky, tho and some will only bloom once in a season.
    I had a brug with variegated leaves like yours and it stopped the variegation after a while. It was also a seedling.
    You are doing a great job. Some of my PP crosses are budding up. Some of my seedlings are y'ing @ 3', others @ 8'. Hang in there!

• chena
    13 years ago

Love the mottled leaves on CC looks great very healthy!
    MEM leaves are not velvety or anything.. I didn't get the chance to start either of the x's..Gave most of them away.. Had to many Family things to take care of..Can't wait to see what the blooms look like!

Kylie

• sandysseeds007
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, me too Kylie - looking forward to the blooms! Are MEMs leaves serrarated or smooth edged? I love the leaves on Jinny Lind, I hear the smell is exceptional.

Brenda, Your's are way bigger though, I think the chicken dung is working better than my worm dung...lol. And I don't have so many to take care of! But I did count over 40 last night, as long as they were over a foot, they were counted. I can't imagine spraying under every leaf in that field of angels of yours. I do squirt a little on the crown of new leaves if any evidence of bad guys are around.

I only use Neem oil mix, earwig poison and a spider mite product for above ground problems. I'm too cheap for money and time to get extravagant...but it's still got to work. Productive and efficient. I know neem does not work with all bugs, but around here it's not an issue, it works on most of our bugs, if you do it right. Too little is no good, too much and you'll burn the leaves where the oil is. 1 tbs per litre and a drop of mild soap. I did squish any colorado beetles that I saw, they're not too bright and easily found, had to check for eggs to and neem sprayed them.

Yes, I live right beside Detroit River, between Lake Erie, and Lake Huron.

Thanks for enabling me ladies - you put loads of anticipation in my life :) - Sandy

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida