Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confusion

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 0:30

This flower was looking pretty good and then a rain storm came along and ruined it. It has lots of buds so I'm anxious to see what it will be when it is all the way opened. This is one of the cuttings that I got from Eddie Dwayne the fall of 2009. He has some great stuff. I hope he sells some more cuttings this fall.
Confusion

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confusion

Wow Bill, that is a Big bloom, with whiskers too it looks like. *g* how long do you think it'll take to open fully?

~Tina

o

I have Confusion somewhere in my mess of plants but haven't seen a bloom yet. The name fits the flower. lol

o

Wow, I always loved that name. Great job in growing this brug to the flowering stage Bill!

o

Gorgeous flower!!!

o

Can not wait to see how it opens up.

o

That's cool!

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 19:29

Great to hear you are getting Blooms..!!! Confusion fits it perfect!!! ;0)

o

Nice job, Bill. Looks great. How is the scent??????
Jerry

o

The flower never opened all of the way. I cut the ruined bud open and I think I counted 5 layers of flower. I don't really know what I am looking for. The center was just a wad. It had a nice smell but not very strong but of course this was in the middle of the day not in the evening when they smell the strongest. It should have lots of blossoms in a week or so. I will be sure and post a fully opened flower.

o

Oo Bill I so can't wait to see a fully opened one of this beauty! :)

~Tina

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 17:45

Snag that pollen Bill!!! No telling with all of your blooms.. You may have the next MUST HAVE Brug on the market!! That would be cool!!!

Kylie

o

That would be neat but I don't really know anything about hybridizing. I got some pollen fron the BGI bank so I will try that. I have to study up on that stuff. If things go like they are supposed to, I'll try my hand at gathering some pollen for the bank. I have several plants that some might want to try. How in the world would you gather pollen from a plant this gnarly, though?
Bill

o

I know this is one I certainly really like, even though I don't know one thing about collecting pollen or any of that. LoL

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here