Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Lady Kathryn starts to open !

figara
12 years ago

This evening I noticed that Lady Kathryn is starting to open. The third skirt is not down yet {{gwi:525890}} {{gwi:525891}} {{gwi:525892}} {{gwi:525893}} {{gwi:525894}} {{gwi:525895}} {{gwi:525896}} {{gwi:525897}} {{gwi:525898}}

Comments (15)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

That's a beauty and your roses look so nice and healthy. Do you spray them with a fungicide? Can't grow roses here without the use of chemicals, lots of chemicals. Even the disease resistant varieties usually succumb to powdery mildew and black spot here. It's a shame but the heat of the day and cooler wet nights are the perfect breeding ground for the fungi.

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Congrats Pat, that is a beauty! Please post a picture when the third skirt drops.

• Ament
    12 years ago

So beautiful, thank you for sharing your pictures. I just love looking at everyones pics. :)

~Tina Marie

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Gorgeous flowers, love that color.

• chena
    12 years ago

That is Beautiful!!!!! Don't be surprised if a part of it comes up missing!! I have your address...LOL

Kylie

• patricia531
    12 years ago

She is quite a lady. This brug. is named after my mom. She just retired this week at 81 years old. She is my best gardening buddy and I was so proud to be able to name this brug. after her.

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

She is quite a lady indeed Patricia. Like mother like daughter. I am glad you could name the brug after her. I was thinking of you. I'll send you an email.

Karyn, you are very observant. I had to look again at the pictures to see the roses :-). No , I do not do anything to them. Just trim them. I probably should at least fertilize them from time to time.

I went in the garden this afternoon to take a few more pictures of LK and 2 buds were on the ground. I was sooo upset. Today I had a guy cutting some tree brunches in the back yard and he broke them. No one else but him was in that spot of the yard :-(
    This is how Lady K looks today.
    {{gwi:525899}} {{gwi:525900}} {{gwi:525901}} {{gwi:525902}} {{gwi:525903}}

Pat

• Ament
    12 years ago

Oy! Wonder if you chewed his ear off... or at least his boss' ear off? Sorry about your pretties Pat!

Looking forward to seeing the third skirt drop down though. :)

~Tina Marie

• rialira
    12 years ago

GUH! she's GORGEOUS! why have I never heard of this one? now I'm off to google for somewhere to buy one, LOL.

• msmorningsong
    12 years ago

They are beautiful figara. I especially like photos 1 and 3 in top set. Just to help me figure, what are your temperatures as she drops the double blooms? Mine won't fully open doubles in our heat. Are you dealing with high humidity too? Thanks.

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

I love love love that color, and the form too! Great job, thanks for sharing those photos!

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ms MorningSong my temps here are in the 70's with low humidity.

Rialira, Lady Kathrine is Patricia Watson's baby. She posted on this thread 'patricia531'. You might want to talk to her.

Tina Marie, if you look at these 2 picture you will see the difference from one day to another. In the second picture the 3rd skirt can be seen clearly. I do not know if it gets any better than this. This is a relatively new brug for me and I am thrilled to have it.
    {{gwi:525897}}
    {{gwi:525899}}

Pat

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! I can't wait for mine to bloom :)

• Ament
    12 years ago

It's beautiful, I just love the fact that it's got 3 skirts inside of such a narrow neck in there. :D So gorgeous Pat! Does it smell as pretty as it looks?

You're right, now that I can see the images side by side, I can see a huge difference. :) Thank you for putting them right there together for me. Now I feel silly for not seeing it before. LOL I do appreciate you showing me though. *g* I should have seen that myself. hehe!

Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your beautiful lady Pat!

~Tina Marie

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

WOW! Those are the blooms you want to see when you tour the garden in the morning!
    Beautiful!