Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Sanguinea pics

figara
12 years ago

Yesterday, I saw this Sanguinea at a Mission in Carmel. I've been to this mission in a few occasions when we have guests and at a Mozart concert but I've never seen this tree. Yesterday, when I saw it I did not want to leave it , I wanted to take it with me :-). It was the first time when I saw a sanguinea in real life, not pictures. I took lots of pictures of it. I hope you guys will enjoy the pictures.

Pat

Carmel mission

{{gwi:526614}}

{{gwi:526615}} {{gwi:526616}} {{gwi:526617}} {{gwi:526618}}

Boy, was I surprise to see it?

{{gwi:526619}} {{gwi:526620}}

Comments (11)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

The plant itself is just ok but the blooms are spectacular and in such a pretty setting. I love wandering around Carmel. It's been years since I was last there.

• roper2008
    12 years ago

Beautiful. I was raised in whittier, but never been to Carmel.
    Love the missions, I have been to a few.

• threas
    12 years ago

How beautiful! It must have been so exciting to see it in person! You're beautiful too! :)

Theresa

• pagrdnr
    12 years ago

Awesome! I love seeing the trees in huge flushes like that. I can;t even coax one lousy bloom out of my sangs!

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Wow, I thought they were a myth, folklore, superstition! It's real!! What great photos, such a beautiful flush of flowers, thank you so much for proving they're real!! ;-D

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Wow Pat, what a treat for of us-- thanks! I've been to Carmel, but never to the mission. I can just imagine how you felt when you spotted this sang!

• chena
    12 years ago

Great Pic's!!! You look Awesome and so are those Sang's!!!!

• Ament
    12 years ago

Wow! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love it! :) Great pic of you with the sang too. Hehe!

~Tina Marie

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Sweet. I have a Sang for 3 yrs. and is 7' tall but the blooms do not hold here. Put it in ground this year to see if it made a differance. Next year it will go back in a pot and brought indoors (in the AC) when it gets to warm here.
    Jerry

• diane_v_44
    12 years ago

Sanguinea is my favourite of them all

I have seen them growing like trees and in full bloom, in a greenhouse, The Black Forest Nursery, up in Canada, near my home
    It was a sight, I shall always remember.
    The owner, an older German fellow, lost them all one winter, when the heaters in the greenhouse stopped working overnight.
    and never again did grow the same beauties.

I treasure your photos and I knew when I noticed the heading of your posting, that it had to be California.

Oh boy, do I wish I where there.

Thanks for the photos.

I have a daughter who does not look at garden web etc. loves the garden but to busy she says for the internet. She as well loves the Brugmansia Sanguinea
    How might I send her these pictures on her email of Facebook
    Facebook would be a good idea can one post them to Facebook
    Love the photos Thank you

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am glad everyone enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed seeing them in person. It was a wedding at the mission, that explain so many people in the front yard. Sanguinea was in the back yard. Also was a peach brug in flush but Sanguinea stole my heart. {{gwi:526621}}
    I have a sang I bought almost 2y ago and 2 seedlings also 2y old and none of them have flowers and it was not too hot in my area. This year I would say was a cooler year. I do not think the heat is a problem. They are 6ft tall and did not have a y yet :-(

Pat

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?