Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sanguinea pics

Posted by figara Ca 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 2:27

Yesterday, I saw this Sanguinea at a Mission in Carmel. I've been to this mission in a few occasions when we have guests and at a Mozart concert but I've never seen this tree. Yesterday, when I saw it I did not want to leave it , I wanted to take it with me :-). It was the first time when I saw a sanguinea in real life, not pictures. I took lots of pictures of it. I hope you guys will enjoy the pictures.
Pat
Carmel mission
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Boy, was I surprise to see it?
Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sanguinea pics

The plant itself is just ok but the blooms are spectacular and in such a pretty setting. I love wandering around Carmel. It's been years since I was last there.

o

Beautiful. I was raised in whittier, but never been to Carmel.
Love the missions, I have been to a few.

o

How beautiful! It must have been so exciting to see it in person! You're beautiful too! :)

Theresa

o

Awesome! I love seeing the trees in huge flushes like that. I can;t even coax one lousy bloom out of my sangs!

o

Wow, I thought they were a myth, folklore, superstition! It's real!! What great photos, such a beautiful flush of flowers, thank you so much for proving they're real!! ;-D

o

Wow Pat, what a treat for of us-- thanks! I've been to Carmel, but never to the mission. I can just imagine how you felt when you spotted this sang!

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 11:05

Great Pic's!!! You look Awesome and so are those Sang's!!!!

o

Wow! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love it! :) Great pic of you with the sang too. Hehe!

~Tina Marie

o

Sweet. I have a Sang for 3 yrs. and is 7' tall but the blooms do not hold here. Put it in ground this year to see if it made a differance. Next year it will go back in a pot and brought indoors (in the AC) when it gets to warm here.
Jerry

o

Sanguinea is my favourite of them all

I have seen them growing like trees and in full bloom, in a greenhouse, The Black Forest Nursery, up in Canada, near my home
It was a sight, I shall always remember.
The owner, an older German fellow, lost them all one winter, when the heaters in the greenhouse stopped working overnight.
and never again did grow the same beauties.

I treasure your photos and I knew when I noticed the heading of your posting, that it had to be California.

Oh boy, do I wish I where there.

Thanks for the photos.

I have a daughter who does not look at garden web etc. loves the garden but to busy she says for the internet. She as well loves the Brugmansia Sanguinea
How might I send her these pictures on her email of Facebook
Facebook would be a good idea can one post them to Facebook
Love the photos Thank you

o

I am glad everyone enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed seeing them in person. It was a wedding at the mission, that explain so many people in the front yard. Sanguinea was in the back yard. Also was a peach brug in flush but Sanguinea stole my heart. Photobucket
I have a sang I bought almost 2y ago and 2 seedlings also 2y old and none of them have flowers and it was not too hot in my area. This year I would say was a cooler year. I do not think the heat is a problem. They are 6ft tall and did not have a y yet :-(

Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here