Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

I think I am growing a monster brug!

figara
12 years ago

This is AxelRose X Remschield I am growing for almost 2 years now. It's growing and growing and growing and no sign of a Y yet. It almost reached the gutters on a 2 story building. The leaves are humongous and is planted in a 15 gallons pot.

It is almost 2 times the height of a normal brug. Close to it is Sam and Flame.

{{gwi:526750}}

Leaves are 23in long.

{{gwi:526751}}

See how it compare with some large leaves from my other brugs.

{{gwi:526752}} {{gwi:526753}}

It is a monster or what?

Pat

Comments (13)

• Ament
    12 years ago

Whew! at least you can leave the pots outside even in winter right? I'd hate to have to even think of trying that here. I'd never be able to get it into any sort of storage here. LoL

~Tina Marie

• karyn1
    12 years ago

By the time it blooms the flowers will be too high up for you to see! lol

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Wow Pat, that is pretty amazing! I know brugs grow into trees if you let them. I love the leaf comparison, whoa! Hope you get blooms sometime soon so we can see what that cross looks like.

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Is it perhaps an alien hybrid, getting set to consume small children and animals and eventually take over your neighborhood?

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha,ha. Dianne, first will take over my yard. The curious part is that it's in the corner behind the bench and gets less water and food because is hard to get to it. It seams that it doesn't matter what, he just wants to grow.

I am curious if somebody grows this cross and how it behaves.

Pat

• chena
    12 years ago

That is just Crazy!!! I hope you have a BIG ladder if it decides to bloom.. The others look amazing!!!

Kylie

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Awesome leaves. Hope it blooms for ya.
    Jerry

• Ament
    12 years ago

Pat, if you ever do a cutting on it, I'd love a rooting. I'd gladly try to grow it here to see how it does. :) Just let me know this fall, if you do cut and root them.

I still can't get over how darn big that monster is though. What is the pinkish brug in front?

~Tina

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tina, the first brug with the flowers is Sam and in the back is Flame.
    When I take cuttings I'll offer them for sure. First I want to see it bloom. In 2-3 month will be 2 years since I grew it so I want flowerrrrrs. I did not cut it back last year hopping that will Y faster this year and I'll see buds but I was wrong :-(

Pat

• Ament
    12 years ago

Well, I hope you get to see flowers on it Pat. I just love the brugs and Bill sent me two. I love them! :) I just love looking at the photos you all share. So beautiful. I don't know how to feed to force flowers but others on here seem to do very well with it. Hehe I'll learn though!

~Tina

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tina, you add bloom booster fertilizer which has the middle number high. The only thing is that this guy does'n want to react to it. He has his own mind :-)

• Ament
    12 years ago

I'll write that down so that I can buy some and get them going in the spring. I don't want them blooming over the winter. :)

~Tina

• dirtygardener73
    12 years ago

Axel Rose (the musician) always was sort of bigger than life and plenty wild. :)

That's simply amazing. When it blooms, the neighbors will be coming from miles around to look at it.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus