Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shlycac

Need Help, is this a deficiency of something?

shlycac
13 years ago

Hi,

I went on a six day vacation (two weeks ago) and came back to this on two of my Brugmansias. Thought it may of been lack of water, and have water and fertilized since my return, no change. Can anyone suggest what I do to correct it?

Thank you Linda

Please click on the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Problem Brugmansias

Comments (6)

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Looks like it could be a mineral deficiency altho, sorry, I don't know which one and it also looks like some of those leaves have broadmite damage.
    Hope someone here can help. Are you a Dave's Garden forums member? There are several good threads about mineral deficiency in brugs there.
    Also, I did have a Shooting Star with similiar looking leaves. Is you plant in the ground or in a pot? My SS was in the ground and got nematodes. I felt really bad to do this, but heavy watering of the area helped clear out the worms before hand. The next day, I poured a solution of Sevin liquid around the plant. The nematodes did not like that environment and cleared out, and my Shooting Star never looked bad again. Sound extreme, and I have never done that treatment again but it did work.

• kasha77
    13 years ago

HI Linda and welcome to our forum! I agree with Brenda- it looks like some broadmite damage, you can use Forbid to get rid of them. Also, try Superthrive diluted and sprayed as a foliar feed ( spray directly on the leaves) and they might bounce back. Superthrive is miracle working stuff!
    Best to you-
    kasha77

• shlycac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kasha77, and gottahosta,
    Thank you for your suggestions, I will try the Seven liquid and Forbid (where can I get it), and also have to replace my Superthrive (love that stuff). I have never had this problem before and was completely stumped.

Thank you,
    Linda

• danasplants
    13 years ago

I buy all my supplys from ebay usally there the cheapest! Right now on daves garden theres a coop going on for juno a great product for broadmites 30 dollars will get you enough to mix up like 12-24 gallons that should last.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I agree, looks like mite damage. Broad mites are not susecptible to many of the insecticides on the market and I don't know if you want to indiscriminately kill everything including the mites. I'd go with the Forbid. It's effective, only one surface of the foliage needs an application and it contains an ovacide so only one application is required. It's also fairly mite specific. Good luck.

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Karyn, I did not have any broadmites last year, it was very rainy. But this year, I have just enough Forbid for one gallon, so I used my AVID, which I have in abundance, and it worked. But you do have to defoliate and spray all surfaces.
    If you only have a few brugs, this is do-able. I will probably have to break out the Forbid eventually! I am ordering the Judo that Dana mentioned.
    I would have to say that the Sevin treatment is for after all other treatments fail.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath