Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Brugs not blooming (Pics Attached)

lovetogrowflowers
13 years ago

I have three brugs that I planted this year. In my opinion they are doing great as far as growth and foliage wise. I have even seen blooms on one of them earlier this summer. I figured I would get a bigger flush of blooms though.

They all three have been cared for in the same manner. They get plenty of water and I also feed them twice a week as well with miracle gro. They did fine with that last year and seem to be okay with it this year, except where are my blooms? lol. I decided to plant them in the spot they are in due to last year they were in pots and done great in this area. They get plenty of morning sun, and afternoon sun. This area usually gets shaded around 5-6pm.

Three buds opened up a few days ago and they are beautiful, but where are the rest of my blooms? The lady up the street has hers in full blown sun all day and afternoon and until it gets dark. Her foliage usually looks terrible, but she has like 20 blooms. I can barely find any buds on mine. The ones I do find are still tiny. Of the three brugs only one has bloomed. Two have Y'd and one hasn't even Y'd. Am I doing something wrong?

I have scoured the neighborhood and backstreets where I know brugs to be, and have found that mine seem to be doing better than anyones, except for the one lady up the street. Everyone else's are nowhere near as tall as mine and have no blooms either. Anything I can do to push them along to bloom or would you just let them be?

We've had tons of rain this year, and some very hot days. I've even been collecting rain water to use on them for days when it doesn't rain and they need watering. It seems they did better with tap water last year *LOL*

Any tips? Is it worth it to get some type of bloom booster? What should I do? Used camera from phone, so not the best pics. I'm very proud of them, their height, their foliage, but wish I had some blooms :(

This first pic seems to be the brug that is doing the best and has bloomed earlier this summer (2-3 blooms) and had three blooms on it about 2-3 days ago.

{{gwi:528052}}

This pic, the brug on the left is doing great, but no Y yet, and hasn't bloomed not once. The one on the right I have had trouble with. It's white, and bugs have attacked it like crazy since early spring. It has a few Y's and no blooms yet though. It's my favorite, but it seems to always be struggling.

{{gwi:528054}}

This is the same brug as in the first pic above.

{{gwi:528057}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths