Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eloise_ca

b. Dorthea -- thanks Eddie!

eloise_ca
13 years ago

I know these are a lot of pictures of the same bloom, but I am just so thrilled to have it! Eddie sent me this cutting of Dorthea -- thank you Eddie! It is almost a foot tall, had two buds, but one fell off. As you can see by the last picture, it is so darn hot here that she is wilting. I had her outside under shade, but it was still too hot so I put her in the laundry room.

{{gwi:528746}} {{gwi:528747}} {{gwi:528749}} {{gwi:528751}} {{gwi:528752}}

Comments (17)

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Great job Eloise!!
    Very pretty!
    Mine has buds....still waiting on blooms! :)

Karen

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I love the long twangers.

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

Very Nice!

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Yay, Eloise, Dorthea is lovely! She is on my top 3 brug favorites!

• threas
    13 years ago

Congrats, El! Very nice!

Theresa

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all, the one bloom is now history, but I look forward to future blooms AND nicer weather!

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Eloise-
    She sure is beautiful! I don't have Dorthea but I have crosses from her. I really enjoy them! Thanks for sharing!
    kasha77

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Great pics. I love Dorthea she is one of my favs with her fabulous tendrils!!

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Eloise
    your Bloom is Beautiful, Girl you have done a great job with that one, Congrautlations on your Beauty

Elizabeth

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Wow Eloise, I didn't know Dorthea hit 4 distinctly different colors! I love the 'twangers' to. I hope my PPxDorthea keep those characteristics. I can't imagine this plant dissappointing me no matter which traits of these two plants it's going to keep. ;)

Eddie gave you a primeau cut above the Y - gold cutting!

Thanks for sharing yours -Sandy

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am disappointed at not knowing how to post pictures through PB and have them going the right direction. When I download the pix to my desktop, I correct them. Then when I download to PB, they come out like this. Am I to just download to my computer without up-righting them and then PB will automatically do it?

Thanks Lenette, and how are those chickies doing? I have four out in the coop and two EE babies in the laundry room.

Elizabeth, thank you, and I know you grow lots of beauties in your garden!

Sandy, it's amazing that in a matter of hours, the coloring went from white to pink, and a few days later to dark pink/salmon. Eddie sure gave me a gold cutting, thanks!

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Eloise
    good morning, I have an Angels Summerlove with Buds on it right now, I will post a photo here when it Blooms so you can see it, my DD changes my Photo's around, she thinks it's funny she has them twirling around really fast, laughing herself silly, I have too laugh with her
    Hugs
    Elizabeth

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Hi Eloise, those chickies sure grow fast. Are those two new babies in the laundry room? What kind do you have in the coop and how old? Are you getting any eggs yet? It sure is great to have fresh eggs that you *know* where they came from these days with all the egg drama going on in the media lol.

My two broody hens each hatched thier babies. One has four chicks and one has two chicks. They are so proud of themselves lol.

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

She sure is pretty! keep posting pictures so that I can keep imagining!!

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

How very beautiful, Eloise! The shape is a real head-turner, those whiskers are spectacular! My mom's name was Dorothy so I like this one alot.

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Elizabeth, just googled Angels Summerlove -- that is a beauty! Looking forward to seeing pictures when the bloom opens, and also let us know her scent. I've tried changing my photos around when I download to my computer, and when I download to PB, but still mess up. I will have to get your DD to twirl my photos around, LOL!

Lenette, I got the chicks that are out in the coop June 31. They are two barred rock and two ?EEs? (first the girl said they were something else and then she said they look like Ameraucanas). The two inside are EEs about 3 wks old. Still looking for my marans, and know that when the time is right, I will get them :-) The older ones won't start laying until around December and by then it will be cold so they might not, or very little. When I first had my chickies in 1999 (RIRs and EEs) I had lots of wonderful eggs. My GKs took some to school for show and tell and all the kids (and even teachers) were so impressed. You know how city folk are, lol! Also, donated blue eggs that were sold at our church's bake sale!

Marcie and Diane, thanks. I agree Dorthea is a beauty. I can't wait until she grows up next season and produces more blooms.

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Eloise
    I thought I would have Pic's of NN, it had one really nice Bud on it, well when I checked yesterday it was on the ground, that Brug is well over 9ft tall, in about a week
    Angels Summerlove will be Blooming as well as a few others, I'll email you the directions too turn your Pic's around
    Hugs
    Elizabeth