Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brugster5

Newbie here: brug pics

brugster5
12 years ago

Hello everyone. I just figured out how to attach photos so here they are. It's certainly a lot easier to grow brugs than to embed photos. I currently have 8 brugs growing. One has at least 100 buds on it right now. I may have to bring it inside before Irene hits this weekend. Enjoy.

{{gwi:530865}}

{{gwi:530866}}

{{gwi:530867}}

{{gwi:530869}}

{{gwi:530871}}

{{gwi:530872}}

{{gwi:530873}}

Comments (11)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

They look great. Is your Maya planted with another variety or did it send up a solid green stem?

• brugster5
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. It seems that it sent up a solid green stem on it's own. I didn't plant it. Better for me. I did lose about 20 buds after moving it the other day. Not sure why they dropped.

• rmbill
    12 years ago

Very nice plants. Do you winter them over inside or let them go dormant. Just asking because these are some really nice flushes for this early in zone 5. I start mine in the green house in march and my flushes pale next to yours. Really nice.
    Bill

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Very nice plants. Great flushes. Good job.
    Jerry

• plantlover49
    12 years ago

what a Beautiful bunch of Blooms, you have a really nice
    collection, Thank you for posting them, BTW welcome to the Best Brug Forum

Elizabeth

• brugster5
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Bill,Jerry and Elizabeth for the compliments. I usually bring them inside around mid October and hope they survive in my home. I had 2 HUGE brugs last year that did not make it last winter for some reason. The branches turned brown and that was that. The brug that I posted I stored in the basement and it came back fine. I will post the large brugs I grew last year that perished. Maybe you guys have some overwintering advice?
    {{gwi:530874}}
    {{gwi:530875}}

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Holy crow! Those are monstrous - I am so envious - good job!

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    12 years ago

Very beautiful brugs! I am amazed at how many blooms you got there. How big of a pot do you have them in? The pots in the pictures don't look that big so I'm just wondering.

Kuan

• chena
    12 years ago

AWESOME Job!! They are just beautiful!!!!!
    WELCOME!!! very nice to have you here!!!

Kylie

• MrSaker
    12 years ago

Deeply envious here! Absolutely magnificent pics!

I'm in Pennsylvania here. Curious about peoples opinions/advice on overwintering. I have tried taking some into the basement to go dormant and have had hit-and-miss, worked 1 year, another I had some plants die. Have tried keeping as house-plants over the winter (loose a lot of leaves, get terribly spindly by spring). Wondering about using grow lamp(s) over the winter in the house, how that might work out? (I don't have a greenhouse). Advice?

brugster5 love to know your secrets to such thick foliage! Soil? Fertilizer? Sacrifice to the dark powers? You're obviously doing something right!

• Ament
    12 years ago

Wow I certainly need to know your secrets as I wish to grow my brugs inside over the winter as well. I've a dolly to move them when the pots get bigger. LoL So please, I beg you, spill the beans dear? LOL

~Tina