Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottahosta

Accumulated brug photos- large files.

gottahosta
13 years ago

I have been remiss getting photos posted on this forum. It is so easy to post them to other brug forum sites and to Facebook- you may have seen them there already!

My brugs are blooming sporadically, due to lots of heat this year. But my seedlings are y'ing, lots of them, so that is exciting. and my named brugs are finally setting on more and more buds. I expect next week to WOW me!

{{gwi:531119}}

Xena

{{gwi:531120}}

Part of the jungle

{{gwi:531122}}

Gemini flush in June

{{gwi:531125}}

arborea, which is still hanging in there!

{{gwi:531126}}

Promising seedling ........but white!

Comments (22)

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

a few more.............

{{gwi:531127}}
    Ila Marie

{{gwi:531128}}
    Savoy Truffle- thanks Shawn!

{{gwi:531129}}
    Rachel's single double blossom- there are more buds forming.

{{gwi:531130}}
    Dorthea, beautiful and elegant as usual.

{{gwi:531131}}
    Miz Scarlett (NR)

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Let me see, just a few more!

{{gwi:531132}}
    One of my nice looking Pink Perfektions, back in early June.

{{gwi:531133}}
    First Belle

{{gwi:531134}}
    Georgia Peach

{{gwi:531137}}
    Inspiration, a little cutie- excuse the tape!

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Brenda
    it's good too see you, look at you with all those Blooms & healthy looking Brugs, Great Pic's, I will get the Brugs you gave me at the end of this month, my DD is coming for a visit Yippee
    Hugs
    Elizabeth

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey, Elizabeth, good to hear that DD is going to finally get up to see you!
    Thanks, I have been enjoying your photos, too. the best is yet to come!
    Hugs, Brenda

• green_thumb_guy
    13 years ago

They look great!

Love the Gemini shot.

Very jealous

:)

• threas
    13 years ago

Brenda, beautiful as usual! Love Gemini too!

Theresa

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

I love your JUNGLE, Brenda! Very nice.
    Margaret

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Brenda-
    Great shots- beautiful results! I have some of your seedlings blooming already- they are Dorthea X Esmeraldes X Mt Magic- the scent is delightful- citrus like! thanks so much for sharing your seeds with me- I will be posting their picts some time tomorrow- when I have off from work. Also- the photo of the path in the woods is awesome- looks like a botanical gardens!
    Thanks for sharing all that you do!
    hugs~
    kasha77

• pelagikos14
    13 years ago

Love Love Love all of your fairy-like beauties ! I can't wait to have a "jungle" like that in my yard..... ;)
    ~Holly (the new kid on the brug block)

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm happy y'all like the photos!
    HOLLY, thank you & stay tuned, starting in late Spetember, some of us offer cuttings. I have rooted plants I'll offer to a few newbies for postage. Check in once in a while, the offers get taken up pretty fast!

Kathy/Kasha, email me. I have some rooted brugs for you but not interested in more brugs- whaddaya got else to trade?

~Brenda

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Wow, you have some beautiful Brugs. So chicken poop is the secret.
    Maybe i'll try that next year. I plan to put all my seedlings in the ground
    for 2011, and hopefully be posting pictures.

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

WOW Brenda you have been holdin' out on us! Thanks for the pics. Everythinkg looks great.
    Shawn

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

Oops...forgot to ask...I see your arborea is doing good. Is the sang cross I sent you hanging on or did it pass on to brug heaven?

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Shawn, and the seedling is hanging in there, not thriving but it is alive. It is in alot of shade, next to the arborea. We will see how it does in the cooler Fall/over winter.
    Yep, Chicken poop has lots of nitrogen, and the brugs do love it! I should have some seedlings blooming next week.
    My potted brugs are in made soil that is amended. They don't do as well as inground brugs, but they do okey!

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Love the pics Brenda!
    Just beautiful as always!

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Beautiful brugs as always Brenda! I too love your path/road that appears to go on forever. Do you have chickens?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are so beautiful, so many gorgeous blooms.

Thanks so much for sharing those with us.

No blooms for us in the heat. Soon though....

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

This is a positively delightful brug link! So many exotic looking flowers, I can't wait to see the crosses you sent me. I hope I get a flower this year from them, and we still have about 2 1/2 months here...so maybe...

So thanks for filling my eyes up with some brug flowers for now. Thanks for sharing all the efforts of your hard work! Keep 'em coming - Sandy

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, everyone, and Sandy, I can't believe your first frost date is a month after ours here in NE Georgia- a large body of water nearby does really help!!! You sound more like you in the South along the Gulf!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Brenda, you have beautiful plants, I can't wait until next month when my brugmansia start blooming. They have started to just get tiny blooms on them. Most of my brugmansia are going to be new plants. Only 2 or 3 survivie the freeze. Thanks to Eddie, I got some new cuttings and started over. I wish he would start selling on ebay again. Do you know if he would sell direct? There are still a few I would like to replace, that I lost. Barbra

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

I'm in a pocket zone 5 here. But make no mistake, it shifts. One year, like last year, it was in the middle of October, the year before Nov 11th. That's a month difference. Last year it was just the one deep long frost, not quick it was nasty, it got a few of mine.

The threats will have me on a roller coaster again this year. Anxiety attacks no doubt. 3day notices of the threats aren't much to work with. I've never been one much for big risks/gambles, but now I have to. I think I plan to bring in the ground planted ones early this year, one at a time type of thing...lol...except the older bigger ones will be left in the ground for testing...lol. There is nothing in the ground that's not also in a pot, I just don't know which would of turned out the best right now but the movable potted ones will probably do much better when all is said and done. If I didn't have so many, I'd repot the ground planted ones, many of which are bigger than the potted ones, when the season is threatening and move it about as needed. I want the longest season possible for those in the pots. -Sandy

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Correction - Pocket Zone 6b -Sandy

Sponsored