Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jay733

Angel's trumpet white datura x candida

jay733
13 years ago

I got a plant today that's called Angel's Trumpet, white datura x candida, does anyone know what this plant looks like?

Comments (15)

• origami_master
    13 years ago

I think you might get better results if you google 'Brugmansia X candida' instead. I don't believe there's a candida species in Daturas.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

It's a white brug. The name datura was used interchangeably with brugmansia some years ago.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

jay733
    I have one that I got in Corpus Christi last year. The blooms are a bright white single, to me they almost glow.
    Here are pics from my photobucket. I am pleased with it. I don't have any information on it. I searched too and could find nothing.

pa

{{gwi:485226}} {{gwi:532152}} {{gwi:532154}} {{gwi:485228}} {{gwi:532155}}

• jay733
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey princealbert, that looks like the label that was on my plant when I got it, can't really see it closer though because it gives me an error when I click on it, but if has the exact same name than that's the one. I'm glad it has the droopy flowers on it. Is this plant a good hummer plant? Does the blooms have nectar in it?

• iris_9
    13 years ago

Here is brugmansia candida 'double white'.
    {{gwi:532156}}

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Jay brugs have pendulous blooms. Daturas remain pretty much upright.

Iris did the inner skirts on all your blooms remain inside the outer ones? I have a few doubles whose inner skirts fail to drop the first flush or two.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Jay Here is the link to the photobucket acct. they are on pg 5 of the album this link may come up on the correct page, you should be able to geta bigger pic from there.
    Everyone is welcome to look at the pics

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/?start=80

you may have to copy and paste to your browser

pa

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Jay what a terrific little tropical paradise you have there. The white brug is indeed brilliant, lovely!

• iris_9
    13 years ago

karyn, yes my double usually drops its inner skirt...candida is one of my favorites...and lovely evening fragrance.
    {{gwi:532157}}

• jay733
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PA, that's the one man that's the one! I'm glad it has the droopy flowers on it. Does anyone know if hummer's use this plant? I heard from some sites that it attracts hummers.

• jay733
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PA, that's the one man that's the one! I'm glad it has the droopy flowers on it. Does anyone know if hummer's use this plant? I heard from some sites that it attracts hummers.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Jay
    I have not seen any hummers on my brugs.
    Where did you get it?
    mine came from a vendor outside the flea mkt on PID in corpus.

• jay733
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pa, I got mine from a local nursery here in Houston Texas. That's the exact same tag I got on mine though. I got my plant about 2 feet tall, do you know how long it will take before I start to see some flowers or?

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I've never seen a hummer feeding at a brug or a datura but I do see sphinx moths nectaring from them.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Jay,
    I got flowers the same summer. If your plants have "Y"'d you should get flowers this season. Mine is not a double like iris_9 has pictured, at least the last 4 bloom cycles have not been.
    pa

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource