Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marantha Nursery in Texas? (+ question about brug scents)

Posted by td1026 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 14:51

I was wondering about the quality of their service and the health of their plants. Also, I'm looking at Dr Seuss and Charles Grimaldi, based on the reputations of their scents, however there are varieties that Marantha makes sound even more based on their descriptions on their website:

Goldtraum
Miami Orange Glow
Sunray

I'm also looking at Xena for the pink flowers. How fragrant is Xena compared to Dr Suess & Charles and the others?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marantha Nursery in Texas? (+ question about brug scents)

I think that they yellows/oranges have it for top fragrance, just my opinion. I don't know about GT, MOG or SR. I also have Xena. Nice spicy fragrance, not as overpowering as Dr S and CG.

o

I gave my sister a brug cutting ( yellow, unknown ) she stuck it in water and in a month bloomed ! Her husband got her out of bed the other night because he thought the cat peed in his office..... she said "I smell flowers !"..... yep the burg .

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 1:49

I have Xena, Dr Seuss and Charles Grimaldi but my Xena hasn't bloomed yet. I put it inground and it hasn't grown as well as the potted ones.
Dr Seuss and Charles Grimaldi have bloomed off and on all summer and I love the fragrance.
I'm not familiar with the others or the nursery.

o

I have not been to the nursery, but have talked with the owner, and believe him to be an honest and fair nurseryman. If you are asking if it is safe to order brugs from this nursery, guess my answer would be YES.

o

Ditto, with carrie. I have talked with him several times on the phone. He isn't open to the public, but will open for a visit by appointment. He seems to be very honest and trustworthy.
Lonnie

o

Also, the spelling of the name of the nursery is Maranatha. This is what is on his website.

Maranatha" literally means "Come, O Lord ...", and today is commonly used to mean "Jesus is coming again" ... my Christian faith tells me He will come again, in glory, and as King.

o

AMEN!!!!

o

Yes.....come Lord Jesus......I started a church ( named it Maranatha ! ) back in the early 70's.......ever expecting......Geno

o

I have visited with Steve at his nursery (it's just down the road from me - dangerous!) and learned a lot. He showed me how he propagates them, as well as his set-up (greenhouse) for the winter.

He is very careful with his plants. If one doesn't appear to be what he purchased/traded when blooming, he considers it a NOID and will assign an ID for his tracking. He always sends out the best plants with a mail order, and he steered me away from ones that might not perform for me.

Lin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here