Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keriann_lakegeneva

live in puerto rico? need your help please!!!!

keriann_lakegeneva
12 years ago

Hi guys!

It has been awhile :)

I have a favor to ask. If any of you live in Puerto Rico or have family down there I have a HUGE favor to ask. I was just there with my boyfriend and we bought an ornament from the El Yunque rainforest and it was stolen! Along with everything else in my carry-one. I can replace everything else but my pictures and this ornament. I can not get El Yunque to ship me one and it means so much to us to get one again for some memories of the trip (minus pictures). If you know of anyone, I would be willing to pay you for your time to get one for me and ship it back

Please let me know.. I know there must be kind people out there still!!

Keriann~

Comments (9)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

What a shame. That really stinks about your property, especially the pictures. How did your carry on get stolen? Do they sell the ornaments anywhere in PR besides El Yunque? I have a friend that lives on the west coast but that's nowhere near the rainforest. I did a search and found these sites. Maybe they have something.

http://www.zazzle.com/el+yunque+gifts

http://store.claudiaschristmasornaments.com/purichor.html

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for the links. I will keep them in mind if I cant get one from El Yunque. Yeah, the west coast is way out of the way :(. It was stolen when we were getting gas on the way to the airport. I am so glad I had my wallet in my hand! We werre surrounded by a bunch of younger teens and adults and I had a feeling what they were doing but it all happened so fast. I actually saw the guy walk away with it and I felt helpless, no way I would have chased him with all his friends around. And the police chatted with him and said he didnt have it, even though I SAW him with it and the house he went into! I told the police I would give him $200 just for the memory chip, he could keep the camera an eveything else, but he insisted he didnt have it! Oh well, our fault, we should have kept a better eye on it and locked the car while pumping gas. I travel so much and have NEVER had a problem, so I am about due for one :).

This is my last hope and then I will have to look else where or maybe get a hand made one to look as close as I can remember it. I may call El Yunque again and beg :)

Keriann~

• kasha77
    12 years ago

So sorry for you Keri- glad I don't live there!
    kasha77

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

That's terrible, I do hope you are able to get the ornament replaced somehow.

It could happen anywhere, something similar almost happened to me in Baltimore, but my husband stepped into the picture and they decided it wasn't worth it after checking to see that he had running shoes on!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I can't believe the police were so nonchalant. I don't know what I would have done. Probably the same as you. I'd have been afraid to start up with a bunch of young thugs.

True it can happen anywhere, from the most exclusive resorts to a dive. I'm just sorry it happened to you. You might also keep an eye on Ebay. People auction off all kinds of obscure items.

• marquest
    12 years ago

I am so sorry that your vacation had to end in such a negative way. I love PR and enjoy my trips. But as has been said it can happen anywhere in the world. Bad people live everywhere.

I go to PR every year for business but not schedule to go back until December.

You say ornament could you describe it? I will make a couple of calls and see what I can do for you. I would not want payment for time of securing it for you just the ornament cost and shipping.

Send me an email.

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much! I will shoot you an e-mail.

I would go back to Puerto Rico in a second. It was beautiful and except for about an hour, we have the most wonderful time!

keriann~

• trianglejohn
    12 years ago

There are few members over on the Tropical Fruit Forum that live there. I believe they all live on the western side though.

I had this same thing happen in Costa Rica, only it was stolen from a locked rental car. The crooks have keys to most of the makes of car commonly used as rentals so they didn't break into the car. I didn't even notice until I got down the road and reached for my bag. I ended up buying a cheap throw away camera and trying to "retake" photos I had lost. Dealing with the US Embassy to get a new passport was not picnic so be glad you were at least on US Territorial soil.

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much! I have posted it over there as well.

I had my wallet on me, I know never to leave that on a seat :)

Cruel world, I hate always having to guard things.. but tis life!

keriann~

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia