Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a question on my old brugmansia

Posted by honeybunny2 Z9TX (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 19:08

I have a dark yellow brugmansia, that I bought at Lowes several years ago. It has always bloomed dark yellow, except in December and January, then color is much lighter. This is my first brugmansia plant to bloom this year. My question is could the freeze last winter cause the color to change? It is now two toned, striped, yellow and white, I took a picture. Linda, thought it was very pretty, but I just can't figure out why the color would change. There were two blooms and both were the same. I took a picture and will post it so you can see. I need to figure out how to put the pictures in my photobucket. I also took a few other pictures of plants that were in bloom this week. Barbra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a question on my old brugmansia

Barbra, I have my noid yellow-gold that has done that. The first time I saw a couple of blooms with the white stripes, I was very pleased with myself, as if I had anything to do with it, LOL! It's already had a huge flush, but yesterday, I noticed that now a few new blooms are pale yellow to white. I am assuming it's the weather. Also, MM has blotches of light to white and not so much dark pink as in the past. I forgot what Karyn calls it when they are like that (variegated like).

Photobucket is very easy. Do you already have an account -- it's free. Once I download a copy of my pix into my computer (I put it on my desk top), I log onto PB and towards the top middle, just click to download you photo. Somewhere here in GW are some great instructions on it.

o

Well I finanlly got instructions so I can post the picture, I always thought this was a Charles Grimaldi, I bought it at Lowes about 5 years ago, it has always been solid dark gold yellow, what a diffrence.

fist bloom of Charles Grimaldi

o

That's beautiful! I've never seen anything like it - whatever caused it, that was a GOOD thing.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 11:26

Looks like a Star Fish!!!! i like it...LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here