Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysseeds007

Jack's Datura's

sandysseeds007
13 years ago

You'll find them quite lovely, the problem being they were supposed to be yellow based. I already had purple and so far they look too similiar to my own. However there are still a few plants left to show me what they've got. My garden is a lot more darker then I expected it would be. I have them right up at the front of the garden and one yours is 4' tall, straight up ALREADY! It's just starting branching, of coarse that's not your fault. But they're going to be little trees by the end of the season! Which I am looking forward to seeing. My purple never grew that big. Actually, even the brug seedling are way bigger than I expected they'd be for their first year...this is all good!

Kylie's yellow datura's are very pleasing to my eyes right now!

Now that I've finished giving him chit, Jack's flowers do have some beautifully different bloomings going on. Hope you all enjoy the pictures. I know I do enjoy the flowers.

- Sandy

Jack, if you need the number, I can track it down, just let me know.

Comments (8)

• ruth_ann
    13 years ago

Where are the Pics Sandy????

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I don't see any links or pics either. Funny I have quite a few predominantly yellow blooms from the BOC seeds. I actually like those the least though I do love the regular triple yellow metel.

• sandysseeds007
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Whoops, I told myself to remember when I preview to add that link in...

I definately needed yellow in my garden. It isnt that these flowers arent stunning enough for my garden, they are. Its just that I have a corner lot and everybody sees my garden. Purple just cant be seen from even the sidewalk, and I do favor yellow for vibrant nightime viewing. I have the daturas all along the front of the garden. And its the only flower except for some mums that will be in flower when my brugs are in full flush. Fortunately there is more white in these than mine have. I imagined a totally different garden then Ill have. Yes Jack, your forgiven - they are really exceptionally beautiful flowers, they look like roses in a different way.

Here is that link

Here is a link that might be useful: Jack, Kylie & my daturas

• ruth_ann
    13 years ago

Thanks for the Link Sandy :).

• karyn1
    13 years ago

They do look more or less like a regular metel but are still quite beautiful. If I get ripe seeds from the yellow with purple mottling I'll be happy to send you some. I have pics posted somewhere on the forum under BOC daturas.

• sandysseeds007
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You're welcome Ruth Ann, hope you enjoyed them.

They do have different types of opening habbits on the 2 plants if Jacks that have bloomed. There are 4 others of Jacks crosses left to show me their goods. Batch #219-20

Thank you Karyn, kind of you to offer. Ditto the offer back to you.

Anybody with yellow with pink? - Sandy

• chena
    13 years ago

Great Pic's .. Everything is looking great! I may need to beg a few seed from you if you get seed..LOL I didn't get any planted this yr..

Kylie

• sandysseeds007
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No problem Kylie...I planned to leave at least one pod on each datura plant, I have to leave the very first ones on or I won't get mature seeds in time. So I'll have at least 2 yellow pods. The other 2 look like they're in too little sun - I don't think even moving them will get them to flower in time but there will be lots. I only need 10-20 of each of a kind for myself. Of coarse, there will be more purple ;).

That yellow turned out very very pleasing. Just the right kind of fluff!

- Sandy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH