Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruits of cross pollinating beautiful flowers!

Posted by jesusortiz2691 9 (jesusortizfreebies@gmail.com) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 20:03

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share some pictures of some of the blooms I recently got to enjoy of some of my brug trees that I grew from seed. Btw this was the first time I ever grew brugs from seed! Of the 8 trees I have 2 that have flowered and I am very happy of what they turned out to be. Was hoping for doubles but these are still very nice. I planted all these 8 trees from seed last Mid to late August. And it's been a year of waiting and taking good care of them and growing them out and I am now getting blooms! 2 trees have bloomed and still waiting on the other 6 to bloom. I encourage everyone that has grown brugs from seed to share pictures of what they got. And those that haven't grown any to give hybrid seeds a try. Research online on how to cross pollinate your brugs. It's very easy just takes patience and a bit of work. It will all be worth it when you get surprised with beautiful blooms!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruits of cross pollinating beautiful flowers!

These are very nice dark pink big blooms. I have a big hand so it might not look that big if you compare to my hand because my hand is big too lol I'm a 6 ft tall guy. From that tree it was its first two blooms but it already is growing more buds I think I counted like 6 buds it's not a very big tree.

o

Pic

o

Pic

o

Pic

o

Pic

o

Here is the other tree that bloomed right before the other one. It only bloomed two flowers too and its a bigger tree it now has lots of buds growing. It's not that big of a bloom and not that dark its a soft pink but I like that the bloom holds its shape even when it was super hot here in riverside it was 95 and the bloom kept its shape.

o

Pic

o

very nice! Congrats!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here