Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

OT will stay at the coast for 1 month

honeybunny2 Fox
13 years ago

Will go to the coast next Friday and stay for 1 month. I can't wait. I hope Linda, will be home. I will take pictures, and ask her to post them. I am having success with the new siam ruby bananas, and the siam purple tulips. They seem to love our coastal weather. Still no brugmansia or hibiscus blooms. It is very hot right now, may have to wait until it cools down before I see blooms. I am loosing my African plants, its too wet. They lived thru last years record heat wave, and winter freeze. I hope they will reseed, I love the purple african daisy, and african hosta. Barbra

Comments (7)

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Barbra, have a fabulous time at the coast! We look forward to pictures. Do you have computer access there? I bet your Siam Rubys are beautiful. My one small one is finally getting some color!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Eloise, I do not have a computer at the coast. I will have to wait until I get back, to post any message. Linda, lives just up the road, I will take pictures, and ask if she would post them for me. If she is not too busy, I think she will. I think I will hunt down Jim Potts, and find out what he is up to while I am down there. He has not posted in such a long time. I miss all our guys. Barry, Jim, Jim, and Mike had such a scientific method to gardening. They were always posting pictures. I learned so much from them. Thank goodness we have our Chocolate Brug, he also, has the same approach to gardening, and loves to share his success with us. Barbra

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Have a great time. I thought of you and your ruby bananas yesterday when I saw them at Lowe's for full price. I don't remember exactly, but it was over $30.

BTW, I was there to return a Canna Tropicanna that was getting a black gooey slime on the stem and rotting. I looked over the others and they all had the same problem so I didn't get another.

• chena
    13 years ago

Barbara I hope you have a Wonderful time..I wish I was going with you..LOL

Kylie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rock Oak Garden, don't buy the tropicana canna, I have all you want. I will bring back some more when I come back. I have a few in the veg. garden here in SA, that I have started for our fall swap, if you want you can have those right now. I am on the NW side of town, by the medical center. Just send me an email and I will send you my phone number, and address, or you can get it from Kathy or Roselee. Barbra

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

I wonder whatever happened to Jim Potts. Wasn't he the one that had all the goats? I thought of him the other day and wondered what ever happened to them because I am thinking of getting a milk goat to make cheese and soap and was wondering if his goats ever did eat his brugs lol.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The last email I received from Jim, was around Christmas. He was doing fine. He only has a few brugmansia, the ones that do good for him. He has spread his wings and is into hybridizing his own oleanders. He has alot of land so he can use those big plants. I really do want to see what he has done. One thing about Jim, whatever he is interested in, he puts his whole heart into it. He had a brugmansia forest, but he had to work so hard to keep it looking good, so he switched to plants that take care of themselves. He use to post pictures of his brugmansia, goats, and dogs. He loved those dogs. He would always bring them when he came to visit. He use to call me his garden angel, because I would get him such great deals on plants from Lowes. He is dealing with Ted Turner, who owns Turners Gardenland in Corpus, he is known for hybridizing his own oleanders. Check out the internet for Turners Gardenland. Barbra

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor