Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_ann_gw

152-3 'Box of Chocolates' Datura from Blicon

ruth_ann
13 years ago

Jack, I missed getting an image of the first bloom, my camera was visiting with hubby at a wedding but I did get an image of the second bloom today for you. It has lots of nice mottling up the outside as you can see....

Box of Chocolates Datura # 152-3

{{gwi:532773}}

Comments (10)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That's a nice one. I wish that I'd have been able to ID my blooms but messing up tags is par for the course for me. lol

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

That is a beauty Ruth Ann!

• chena
    13 years ago

Great Pic Ruth Ann!! It will be interesting to see if all of the flowers look the same... Was this one the same as the first?

Kylie

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, it was Jack who did the work, I only grew out the seeds. :)
    Kylie, it is pretty much the same, all flowers on each plant should look alike, the differences will be between different 152-3 plants. ( seeds from the same pod) as there would be in Brug seeds from the same pod too. I have one other growing from this cross ( 152-3) but it doesn't get as much sun and has become overshadowed ( literally)by my Exotica Brug. I am hoping to see one bloom from it before the season ends, for comparison purposes.

• linda441
    13 years ago

WOW!!! Ruth Ann--that is gorgeous!!!

• chena
    13 years ago

I hope you will post pic's .. Very interesting.. I didn't get the chance to plant much this yr.. I have Dats sittin in the Ice Box for next yr..

Kylie

• danasplants
    13 years ago

Very pretty I grew some of these a friend sent me some there just starting to produce buds thanks for sharing

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Looking forward to seeing those Jack.

• PoohBearLvr
    6 years ago

Blicon....any chance you are still growing these BOC? I JUST found out about them 15 mins. ago...while begging on the forums for other datura colors. I never heard of them,till just now! you developed them???? Do you still grow them,or at least sell the seeds? I am in south Fla. and i am so bored wit hthe double purple/white one. I have a few double yellows, but thats it. I am trying to get some datura seeds from Canada, of a yellow with the purple streaks and lips...maybe it is this BOC. I dont know.

But they refuse to sell to anyone in Fla. and 5 other states....for some unknown reason. So...IF you get this notice, that I left a note here, i cant find your email address anywhere here, so i am begging in public. any shot at a few seeds?

thank you, Stan

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz