Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nol

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 22:03

New Orleans Lady has it's first flush. For some reason I always get a number of deformed blooms with the first flush that resolve with subsequent flushes. It is one of my favorites and if I could only have one this would probably be it. NOL has the most wondeful fragrance.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's a few more that are in bloom. I'm sick of pink. The light pink one is Halo Peach but it's definitely pink, not peach.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A datura that's opening. A mini hippeastrum. This is the 4th time this year that it's bloomed and a Psycho White plumeria.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sorry everything's so blurry. I couldn't tell until I uploaded them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nol

They all look great Karyn. I am in LOVE with New Orleans Lady, that has to be my all-time favorite color. I too am sick of pink, of all the brugs I now have, only pink has been blooming. Sigh.

o

Wow Karin, you have quite a few in bloom. I like Nol too but unfortunately I lost it.

o
RE: sorry

Sorry, Karyn I misspell your name

o

That NOL is beautiful, love the all those ruffles.

Hope you get some different colors soon.

o

Karyn-
Thanks for sharing your flowers and photos with us- they're so beautiful!
kasha77

o

Great pics. NOL is one of my favorites too.
What is the one that is not all the way open yet, 2 pics below superspot?

o

Yummy, what beautiful coloring on NOL! Is it a psycho white plumeria because it came out pink?

o

Shawn I was almost positive that was a Day Dreams but now that it's opened I'm not so sure. They are triples and I'll see if the inner most skirt drops. I occasionally got triples on my DD's last year but the tube is much longer on this one. You can see where those evil green worms chewed the blooms. They chewed completely thru several buds that I snapped off. I hate those things!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Wow Karyn! you do have a lot of 'pink' going on, thank you so much for sharing! I am afraid I will not see blooms at all until fall this year. So sad, everything started blooming in early July last year.

Blasted bugs :( guess I will just have to enjoy your flowers instead!

Frances

o

Hmmmm...I don't know Karyn, my DayDreams never bloomed and I lost it this past winter, so I'm not sure what the blooms look like.

Could it possibly be Angel's Exotic? It has far separated skirts like that.

o

2 years ago all I wanted was pink now I'm sick of it. It's not that I don't like them but I'd really like to see a nice yellow or orange.

Shawn it's possible that it's one of the Angels but I'm not sure. Here's two of my DD's plants blooms from last season. They look nothing alike except for the color.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Beautiful blooms, Karyn! My DayDreams look completely different this year too. I think it's the heat. Lots of bud drop and the couple that open, skirt drops but doesn't open all the way...???

Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here