Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

nol

karyn1
13 years ago

New Orleans Lady has it's first flush. For some reason I always get a number of deformed blooms with the first flush that resolve with subsequent flushes. It is one of my favorites and if I could only have one this would probably be it. NOL has the most wondeful fragrance.

{{gwi:539594}}

{{gwi:539596}}

{{gwi:539598}}

{{gwi:539600}}

{{gwi:539602}}

Here's a few more that are in bloom. I'm sick of pink. The light pink one is Halo Peach but it's definitely pink, not peach.

{{gwi:539604}}

{{gwi:539606}}

{{gwi:539608}}

{{gwi:539610}}

{{gwi:539612}}

{{gwi:539614}}

{{gwi:539616}}

{{gwi:539594}}

{{gwi:539618}}

{{gwi:539620}}

{{gwi:539622}}

A datura that's opening. A mini hippeastrum. This is the 4th time this year that it's bloomed and a Psycho White plumeria.

Sorry everything's so blurry. I couldn't tell until I uploaded them.

Comments (12)

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

They all look great Karyn. I am in LOVE with New Orleans Lady, that has to be my all-time favorite color. I too am sick of pink, of all the brugs I now have, only pink has been blooming. Sigh.

• figara
    13 years ago

Wow Karin, you have quite a few in bloom. I like Nol too but unfortunately I lost it.

• figara
    13 years ago

Sorry, Karyn I misspell your name

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That NOL is beautiful, love the all those ruffles.

Hope you get some different colors soon.

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Karyn-
    Thanks for sharing your flowers and photos with us- they're so beautiful!
    kasha77

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

Great pics. NOL is one of my favorites too.
    What is the one that is not all the way open yet, 2 pics below superspot?

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Yummy, what beautiful coloring on NOL! Is it a psycho white plumeria because it came out pink?

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shawn I was almost positive that was a Day Dreams but now that it's opened I'm not so sure. They are triples and I'll see if the inner most skirt drops. I occasionally got triples on my DD's last year but the tube is much longer on this one. You can see where those evil green worms chewed the blooms. They chewed completely thru several buds that I snapped off. I hate those things!

{{gwi:529289}}
    {{gwi:529290}}
    {{gwi:529291}}

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Wow Karyn! you do have a lot of 'pink' going on, thank you so much for sharing! I am afraid I will not see blooms at all until fall this year. So sad, everything started blooming in early July last year.

Blasted bugs :( guess I will just have to enjoy your flowers instead!

Frances

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

Hmmmm...I don't know Karyn, my DayDreams never bloomed and I lost it this past winter, so I'm not sure what the blooms look like.

Could it possibly be Angel's Exotic? It has far separated skirts like that.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

2 years ago all I wanted was pink now I'm sick of it. It's not that I don't like them but I'd really like to see a nice yellow or orange.

Shawn it's possible that it's one of the Angels but I'm not sure. Here's two of my DD's plants blooms from last season. They look nothing alike except for the color.

{{gwi:539633}}
    {{gwi:539635}}
    {{gwi:539637}}
    {{gwi:539638}}

• threas
    13 years ago

Beautiful blooms, Karyn! My DayDreams look completely different this year too. I think it's the heat. Lots of bud drop and the couple that open, skirt drops but doesn't open all the way...???

Theresa

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm