Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Naughty Nick

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 22:19

Naughty Nick is about 6 1/2 ft tall today and has Y'ed with a few buds. It seems to grow about 3 to 4 inches a day. I think it is going to be at least a ten footer, and from what I hear, that is pretty big for Michigan. Lots of cuttings in the fall. I looked up the blossoms on BGI and I am excited.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Naughty Nick

I have one too but it's small and did not Y yet. Looking forward to see yours.
Pat

o

Oh me too Pat, I love looking at pictures. I love the shredded Bill posted, even the unopened bloom. Just beautiful. :) I love to oogle the brugs! LOL

o

I'd love to see it. I received one several years ago and it struggled, never getting more then a foot tall, and never held a bud for long. I think it finally bit the big one. Please let me know if you might be interested in a trade in the fall. I'd love to get another.

o

Karyn, Cuttings from everything that I have will be offered for postage in the fall. I will try to post pictures of my NOIDs and offer cuttings from them also since I have lost so many tags. I think I am down to about 20 with tags now. (1/2)

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 14:45

NN has always just been Naughty here LOL I am looking forward to seeing your blooms I have had this guy for several yrs and it does get huge but have never seen a Bloom.. SO what is your secret..LOL

Kylie

o

Kylie, I think neglect and luck. I have had some health issues this year and haven't done what I really planned. I think Mother Nature is taking pity on me. Works for me. Maybe next year I can keep the weeds down. I don't have the plants where anyone can see them except pictures. I grow them to see what they look like and to pass on to my Brug friends here.
Bill

o

I for one am very grateful for that Bill. :) And I love the pictures you posted.

~Tina

o

NN usually does good for me here. Here is a pic from a few Falls ago when it was in the ground. It blooms best in the Fall. It get tall and lanky so needs a good stake and full sun.
Photobucket

Naughty Nick

o

The blooms in the 2nd pic are what I'm used to seeing from NN. It's funny how different flowers of the same cultivar can look.

Speaking of different looking flowers my BH globba darkened up quite a bit. I contacted Wayne and told him that I'd jumped the gun sending him pics of the white bloom. It's definitely not blue and doesn't look like the bloom in the pic but it did color up.

o

I really like the flowers in the pictures. I was looking forward to my own but like Kylie said, Nick is being naughty and dropped its buds. First it dropped all the tiny buds and now it just dropped the buds that should be opening about now. Oh well, It is still growing really well. It is about 7 - 7 1/2 feet tall right now. I think there is still plenty of time for flowers yet this year.
Bill

o

Nick is about 9 feet tall now and loaded with little buds again. Hopefully, with the cooler weather, He won't drop them this time. I want to see some blossoms like the ones above. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Bill

o

Hopefully Naughty Nick keeps his blooms for you Bill, I'd love to see pictures! :)

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here